- Dr. Zhang Discusses Evictions, Credit, and COVID-19 in NY Fed Reserve Blog
Dr. Zhang discussed evictions, credit access, and the Coronavirus for the NY Fed Reserve blog, Liberty Street Economics... READ MORE
- 8 Minutes and 46 Seconds
Black lives matter. Today, I am writing to embrace our Black and Brown community members and to express our love and solidarity in this time of anguish...READ MORE
- Richard Cordova Kicks Off Spring 2020 Professor for a Day Series
Earlier this week, the College held its first Professor for a Day event for the Spring 2020 semester held in the Golden Eagle Ballroom 3. We were pleased to introduce CBE alum, Richard Cordova, to over 70 business students and faculty...READ MORE
- REAL ESTATE MARKET ANALYSIS, Fin 4540-02
New class available, special topics about Real Economics and Market Analysis...
- Congratulation to Dr. Xiaohan Zhang
Dr. Xiaohan Zhang article picked up by Boston University Medical School. Vetted by the university’s Chair of Health Law, Policy, and Management, the article explores the current state of California beach water and its impact on public health...READ THE COMPLETE ARTICLE
- International Business Law, Fin 4540
New class available, special topics about International Law. It is designed to concentrate on the introductory legal perspective concerning both international and economic relations... READ MORE
- Erin Sapinoso
Erin Sapinoso is a new member of Cal State LA’s University Advancement team as the Director of Development for the College of Business and Economics. She has more than 16 years of professional experience in the non-profit and public sectors working to raise funds and awareness for educational programs and social services…READ MORE
- Class Announcement, Entertainment Financing and Law (FIN-4820)
Entertainment Financing and Law (FIN-4820) is a one-semester class that focuses on the legal, financial and managerial challenges facing the $2 trillion dollars global Entertainment industry, with special focuses on television, film, music, theater, digital/new media, improvisation, and sports…READ MORE
- Nadia Watson
Nadia Watson is the Marketing Communications Specialist for the CBE. Responsible for day-to-day communication activities and social media strategy, Nadia excitedly supports the College’s mission. Having a keen eye for all things aesthetically pleasing and a passion for life, Nadia is a natural at visual storytelling…READ MORE
- The Beta Lambda Chapter Awarded Superior Status!
The College of Business & Economics is thrilled to congratulate Professors Dr. James Gregory Kunkel, Dr. Porschia Nkansa, and the Beta Lambda Chapter on this outstanding achievement during the 2018-2019 academic year…
- Two CBE Faculty Named Faculty Community Scholars
Dr. Shilpa Balan and Dr. Marco del Angel, have been named to the College of Natural and Social Sciences (NSS) Big Data Research team as a Faculty Community Scholar (FCS) for Spring 2020…
- Information Systems Graduate Students Win Big!
Graduate Students in Information Systems Yash Choksi, Tanvi Gawade, and Aakanksha Tasgaonkar won first prize at the Cyber Security & Awareness Fair and competition held on October 24th, 2019 at Cal Poly Pomona…
- Data Analytics Workshop for Women
Congratulations to the Department of Information Systems and Dr. Arun Aryal, Dalya Dauletbak, and Melanie Kim for setting up a grand event at Cal State LA on September 28, 2019.
- CBE Graduate Student Receives Outstanding Paper Award
Computer Information Systems (CIS) graduate student Dalyapraz Dauletbak received an Outstanding Paper Award at The 14th Asia Pacific International Conference on Information Science and Technology (APIC-IST 2019).
- Teacher and Student Excel Together
Congratulations to CBE graduate student Parkev Tatevosian and Finance faculty member Dr. Yalan Feng for passing the level three Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Program exam.
- Welcome back Fall 2019
The College of Business and Economics (CBE) recognizes the importance of starting the year right. That’s why they started the week with an event to welcome back all the staff and faculty.
- Dr. Shikha Upadhyaya
Congratulations to the Department of Marketing faculty member Dr. Shikha Upadhyaya who was selected as the 2018-2020 Faculty Fellows for the Public Good. Her work exemplifies the spirit of the CBE.
- Spring ODE Induction
The Spring ODE Induction Lunch was a happy time for everyone. There were new members, old members, faculty and staff. The ODE welcomed Pat Tom, who retired last year after serving many years as the department secretary. Dr. Ed Hsieh will be joining Pat in retirement but has plans to continue teaching half-time for a few years. Dr. Andy Winnick joined the ODE after fully retiring last year.
- 2019 Spring College Celebration and Recognition
On May 9th in the Golden Eagle Ballroom, we held our Spring Celebration to recognize our fellow staff and faculty for their outstanding achievements, as well as our students for their extraordinary performances in the different competitions in the College of Business and Economics.
- john gerro real estate symposium 2019
The 2019 John Gerro Business Symposium was held on Friday, March 8th, 2019. The annual symposium attracts industry leaders from notable real estate organizations, developers, major property owners, entrepreneurs, and related service-oriented entities.
- MBA Students win second place in Inter-Collegiate Business Strategy Competition (ICBSC)
MBA students - Josue Arvayza, Medrik Minassian, Hrag Kartounian, Jiahui Hong, Argenis Ruvalcaba - won second place in the 55th Inter-Collegiate Business Strategy Competition (ICBSC)
- Womxn in Leadership Panel
The Career Development Center and the College of Business and Economics were thrilled to present the first-ever Womxn in Leadership Panel on April 20th, 2019. The event brought together the best leaders in a variety of industries, such as tech, finance, entertainment, entrepreneurship, retail, and food.
- Healthcare Management Students Win Western Regional College Bowl
Congratulations to the Cal State LA team! You have made Cal State LA, the CBE and MSHCM Program proud!
- FMA Competition 2019
Cal State LA FMA Ranked 9th place on the Financial Quiz Competition 2019 at Finance Leaders' Conference in New York
- Best Mentored Case Award
Ellen Drost and her student Ezra Pugh were awarded the Best Mentored Case award at the 2019 Western Casewriters Association Conference (WCA) on March 7, 2019...
- Transfer retention rate rises
The Cal State LA University Times recently featured an article on Transfer Student Retention that highlights the work that advisors are doing in the CBE Advisement Center...
- Congratulations to Dr. Silvia Martin
Assistant Marketing professor Silvia Martin who was just elected 2018-19 President of the Association of Collegiate Marketing Educators (ACME) …
- AMA Collegiate Chapter at California State university Los Angeles
Congratulations to the student-led organizations M.A.R.S and Marketing Club which become joint leaders of the collegiate chapter of American Marketing Association (AMA) at Cal State LA ...
- Cal State LA continues to be ranked by U.S. News & World Report
U.S. News & World Report recognizes Cal State LA’s business, engineering undergraduate programs ...
- Congratulations to Neel Patel
CBE MBA/MSHCM Graduate Student Neel Patel won the $3,000 Health Information Management Systems Society(HIMSS) Scholarship in June 2018! ...
- 2019 Business Pitch
- John Gerro Real estate Symposium 2018
The 2018 John Gerro Real Estate Symposium brought civic leaders, city planners, developers, financial experts to meet with students, faculty and community members interested in the “Revitalization of Downtown Los Angeles.” ...
- M.A.R.S City of Orgs 2018
President Covino shows his support for CBE student organization – Marketing Analytics and Research Society ....
- CBE Case Competition - Marketing Research and Analytics
In this poster presentation event, students will present the results of their research conducted on real-business problems to a panel of judges, faculty, and students to win a monetary prize.
- 2018 Business Pitch
Congratulations to all participants! The winners include Curtis Young and Justin Battle of Intelliflow, earning $3,000 and placing first for their residential air management device pitch ...
- CBE Case Competition – Marketing Research and Analytics, November 27, 2018
- Professor for a Day, November 13, 2018
Jorge Orozco, MS HCM, '03, CEO, Los Angeles County + USC Medical Center
- Professor for a Day
Gary J Guibert, Senior Vice President for Corporate & Institutional Services and Division Manager for Public Fund/TAFT-Hartley at Northern Trust ...
- Healthcare Management Students Extend Cal State LA's Winning Streak
Our winning graduate students apply their knowledge, teamwork skills and grit to current challenges in healthcare at the HCE College Bowl ...
- John Gerro Real Estate Symposium 2018
The 2018 John Gerro Real Estate Symposium brought civic leaders, city planners, developers, financial experts to meet with students, faculty and community members interested in the “Revitalization of Downtown Los Angeles.”
- Distinguished Women Award 2018
Congratulations to Maria Ubago, Administrative Support Coordinator for the Information Systems Department, a Distinguished Women Award recipient for 2018 ...
- Partnering with Professional Organizations–SHRM
This fall the CBE renewed its Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) alignment status which allows Human Resource Management students at Cal State LA...
- 2017 Outstanding Professor, Dr. Nada Ganesan
Watch his journey ...
- Looking Back to 1992 Civil Unrest
Examining progress and opportunities in the impacted communities since the 1992 LA Riots, 25 years later looking back to 1992 Civil unrest ...
- Professor for a Day
A big thank you to Cástulo de la Rocha, President and CEO of AltaMed Health Services for speaking to our Healthcare Management students as part of our Professor for a Day series ...
- Business Pitch Teams Succeed Beyond the Pitch
Join a Night of Success and Inspiration. With the 2018 pitch next week, learn from previous teams where this year’s winners may go ...
- CBE Athlete Received the Billie Jean King Scholarship
Congratulations to Finance major student Sam Croucher who received the Billie Jean King scholarship ...
- CBE, ECST and So Cal Gas Mix it Up
Cal State LA alumni of the CBE and ECST working at the Gas Company joined members of the university to reconnect and learn about the exciting programs and ventures offered by the Gas Company ...
- Celebrating Innovation and Creativity in November
To honor Innovate L.A. month and Global Entrepreneur Week, the Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation hosted three events designed to create bridges for collaboration and inspiration...
- Marketing Students Earn Rising Stars Award at ICSC
Grace Flores and Greg Garcia stand out as Rising Stars at the International Collegiate Sales Competition in Florida. Dr. Carlin Nguyen mentored the team for the CBE’s first time attending the invitation only event ...
- Cal State LA Names New College of Business and Economics Dean
Rami Maysami provides students with opportunities for success...
- ALPFA Wins #1 National Student Chapter
The members of the Cal State LA chapter of ALPFA (Association of Latino Professionals for America) exceeded their expectations in August when they earned both the National and Western Regional Student Chapter of the Year Awards for 2017...
- Faculty Spotlight: Dr. Nina O'Brien
Check out Dr. O’Brien’s recent publication on economic incentives in the American film industry ...
- Alumni Spotlight - Mike Sarian
Michael Sarian, is a classic Cal State LA success story. An immigrant who came to America at 16 then graduated from Cal State LA with a BS in Business Administration (1983), has “done good” as a successful businessman and community supporter in Southern California...
- Healthcare management students shine
Congratulations to the CBE’s Graduate Healthcare Management team who continue to place in the top 3 teams at the 2017 Western Region College Bowl Case Study Competition...
- Cal State LA takes top prize in L.A. Mayor's Cup competition
California State University, Los Angeles won the grand prize of $25,000 in the first-ever L.A. Mayor's Cup, a competition in which university students create innovative solutions to vexing civic problems.
- U.S. News & Report
Cal State LA and the College of Business & Economics continue to rank in U.S. News & World Report’s Best College’s list, according to the publication’s 2017 edition...
- HCM College Bowl 2017
Healthcare Management students Continue to Shine in the Western Region College Bowl ...
- CBE students take top prize in L.A. Mayor's Cup competition
ECCO club members took home the grand prize of $25,000 in the first-ever L.A. Mayor's Cup, a competition in which university students create innovative solutions to vexing civic problems ...
- Festie Takes 1st Place in the 2017 Business Pitch
in its fifth year, the CBE’s Business Pitch showcased six finalists competing for the chance to earn funds that could help them build their start-up businesses ...
- Congratulations to Ryan Barbonio
Recent graduate Ryan Barbonio landed a dream job at Google. Now he’s sharing his tips with us ...
- John Gerro Real Estate Symposium
The CBE held its first John Gerro Real Estate Symposium at the JW Marriott in Downtown L.A. on January 19th. The event featured speakers and panels covering perspectives of downtown Los Angeles real estate development ...
- Women in Data Science (WiDS) 2017
Come to a FREE women in data science event where you will learn a unique insight into real-world data science application & how companies are leveraging data science for success ..
- John Gerro Symposium
Come join developers of large downtown projects and discuss how the changing downtown LA skyline is reshaping urban space and how people work and live ...
- Meet the Firms
Beta Alpha Psi hosted it's annual Meet the Firms event which is an opportunity for accounting students to network with some of the biggest accounting firms in the Los Angeles area ...
- Samantha Lee
Cal State LA student excelled in the classroom and on the basketball court...
- Yuxing Jin
Army veteran found support and success at Cal State LA.
- Shahin Hemat
Cal State LA soccer player honored for his excellence in the classroom...
- New Director of Graduate Studies
I am pleased to announce that Dr. Steve McGuire has been appointed as the Director of Graduate Studies in the College of Business & Economics effective Fall 2016 ...
- Golf with the Dean
The CBE’s Golf with the Dean is an opportunity for students to earn free golf lessons and network with Cal State LA alumni and Dean James Goodrich ...
- Congratulations to scholarship winners
Congratulations to CalCPA scholarship recipients Han Nguyen, Lina Truong, Carlos David, and Tianpei Li! ...
- Congratulations to Susan Bergstrom!
This year Cal State LA celebrated the 18th Annual Distinguished Women Awards and recognized Susan Bergstrom for her years of service and the positive impact she continues to have on the CBE. Congratulations, Sue! Thank you for everything you do ...
- This Mother-Daughter Duo Started With Nothing, but Now Own Company Worth Millions
A mother-daughter duo in the San Fernando Valley started with nothing and worked to achieve the American dream ...
- Moments Away. Miles Apart.
On June 11, 2016 the Solanos with be dawning their gowns again, only this time they will be 362 miles apart. Mario will be graduating from Cal State LA and Ashley from Cal State East Bay ...
- Cal State LA Takes First in ICBSC
For the 2nd year in a row, the Cal State LA team won Outstanding Performance in their World at the International Collegiate Business Strategy Competition (ICBSC) in Anaheim ...
- The 2016 Honors Convocation
On Friday, May 29th, students, staff, friends and family of the CBE gathered for the 2016 Honors Convocation and Beta Gamma Sigma Induction. Click to view the photo gallery on our Facebook page ...
- Congratulations to the Marketing Faculty
The Cal State Marketing Faculty (Drs. Houston, Germano, Stretch, Sharpe, Martin, and Hanson) received the 2016 Marketing Educators’ Association Annual Conference Best Paper Honorable Mention ...
- MS HCM Hosts Healthcare Innovation!
Nardo Manaloto, Founder and CEO of Eonify, was a keynote speaker at the Healthcare Strategy, Innovation & Change event hosted on May 23 by Dr. Andre Avramchuk ...
- Sales Bowl 2016
On April 23rd 10 teams of Cal State LA CBE students competed to showcase various sales skills including demonstrating value, creating an effective pitch, and establishing trust and credibility ...
- The 2016 Business Pitch
Pay ‘N’Park, Drew’s List, and Cropsticks take top prizes at the 2016 Business Pitch. Seven semi-final teams pitched their ideas to a five-judge panel at the April 11th Business Pitch ...
- Preview Day
On April 2, students from around the world came to Cal State LA to experience the College of Business & Economics. Click to see the photo gallery on Facebook ...
- The HCE College Bowl 2016
Congratulations to our MS HCM graduate student team for competing in the Western Regional Healthcare Executives College Bowl Case Study Competition on April 8, 2016 in Downtown Los Angeles ...
- Students Wow NBCUniversal Executives
The pilot marketing course "High-Performance Marketing" concluded by presenting their solutions to NBCUniversal Executives...
- CBE Ranking
Washington Monthly ranks Cal State LA #7 in Masters Programs based on social mobility, research, and service ...
- Professor for a Day
On November 5, 2015, Raul Porto spoke to the College of Business & Economics students where he answered questions about starting a business in Los Angeles. “Operating a business is like playing a sport, you always have to keep improving." Read more about the Professor for a Day-Raul Porto.
- Congratulations rolling out to Hovik Mardikian for scoring an internship for Fall 2015 with NBCUniversal’s Partnership and Licensing department...
- Ming Wang, Ph. D. 2015 Outstanding Professor
"It is rewarding to equip our students with the latest information technology and to prepare them as the new generation of IT professionals and e-business leaders."
- JIIBR Symposium highlights business research
JIIBR Symposium 2016 brings International and interdisciplinary business researchers from around the world to Cal State LA ...
- Nonghshim noodle company underwrites innovation lab at the College of Business and Economics in Cal State L.A.
- ESRI’s International Users Conference
CSULA students attended ESRI’s International Users conference at San Diego, CA...
- Entrepreneur, Christopher Gardner who inspired Will Smith's film delivered an inspiring speech at the 2015 Graduation Commencement ...
- College of Business and Economics has earned the status of Premier Chapter for the 2012-2013 year from the Board of Governors of Beta Gamma Sigma. This is a significant achievement and indicates a high value is placed on scholarship recognition at California State University, Los Angeles.
- Cal State L.A. among top-ranking institutions noted in Diverse ‘Top 100’
- Cal State L.A. Names James A. Goodrich as Dean of the College of Business and Economics
- Cal State L.A. ranks 24th in Time Magazine’s list of top colleges!
- Business Students take 'stock' in their futures: Marshall Geller Golden Eagle Opportunity Fund.
- Vita 2015
- Congressman Becerra commends Cal State L.A. students for volunteer tax preparation program (Read more about VITA)
- Cal CPA Day 2015, January 21, 2015
- Federal Reserve Symposium, June 2, 2015, download Agenda
- Economics Students Simulate a FOMC meeting 2015; Meet Members of the Federal Reserve (Read more)
- Seminar Series, May 7, 2015 (Read more about the seminar)
- Dr. Ming Wang, SAP Faculty Coordinator hosted the SAP Big Data Analytics Faculty Workshop at Cal State L.A. on May 29th and 30th, 2015. (Read more about Dr. Wang)
- HCM team won, 2015
- Have a Business Idea? Pitch it! May 21, 2015
- Healthcare Speakers Series, March 2, 2015
- Meet the Firms, September 24, 2014
- Economics department hosted a University Symposium on FOMC simulation Tuesday, May 27, 2014 in the Golden Eagle Ballroom (Read more about FOMC)
- Dr. Wang hosts IBM Cognos training session for faculty bringing the business intelligence software to the CBE on July 16, 2014. (Read more the training)
- The Fast Pitch competition, April 23, 2014 (Read more about the Pitch)
- CBE co-producing a journal on international business. The journal hosted a symposium on international and interdisciplinary business research at the Cal State L.A. campus September 17-19, 2014 (Read more about the symposium)