For students who are seeking internship and networking opportunities, look no further. We’ve compiled a list of upcoming opportunities with instruction on how to apply, etc.
Please read the following for upcoming internship opportunities and networking events taking place early this spring semester.
TEACH FOR AMERICA
Where will your career take you after graduation? By joining Teach For America, you will become part of a powerful network of more than 60,000 leaders changing the course of our nation in different sectors such as education, policy, law, business, medicine, and more.
This is a full-time paid position post-graduation. All majors and identities are accepted. There are exclusive advantages like loan forbearance and strong partnerships top ivy league grad schools across the nation. You will leverage your unique talents to grow your impact while living your most deeply held values.
Want a glimpse inside a teacher’s life? Check out “The Real Life of Teachers” web series to see how corps members Jenn, David, and Pocco are building a better future for the next generation.
NEXT Application for senior and juniors (who wish to apply early) is Friday, January 29, 2021
If you have any questions, please contact Sebastian Pazmino, Director of Admissions and Applicant Continuum Support at [email protected]
FINANCIAL FITNESS FORCE WORKSHOP
ARE YOU FEELING FINANCIALLY EMPOWERED?
Join us on Thursday, January 28th, 2021 at 3:30 pm for an introductory Zoom workshop, as we kick-off the Financial Fitness Force Workshop series, “The Year of Financial Empowerment”, sponsored by the College of Business and Economics. There is no registration cost for attending these workshops.
The workshop series will cover topics such as basic financial awareness, scholarships, and credit to name a few. You will also gain all the tools you need to create your own financial plan!
The series will be facilitated by CBE Faculty and industry experts. The first session will be conducted by Mr. A. Sami Siddiqui, industry expert in banking and finance and Cal State LA Alumnus, and Dr. Charles Danso, faculty in Finance, Law & Real Estate, Cal State LA.
For more information on the workshop speakers and series please visit https://www.calstatela.edu/business/financial-fitness-force.
VIRTUAL FIRESIDE CHAT
Join me Tuesday, 2/2 at 12pm pst for a virtual fireside chat with Larry Gadea, Founder & CEO of Envoy -- the workforce platform used in more than 14,o00 offices across 70 countries that has facilitated 1 million safe returns to the office -- in our next "If I Knew Then" CEO interview on Entrepreneur.com.
Gadea will share lessons learned along his life journey, from being smuggled out of communist Romania as a child to being recruited as one of Google's youngest engineers at the age of 17 to joining Twitter as one of its first 50 employees. The software prodigy will cover the following topics:
Get your free ticket: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/1525233046866530831?source=ComparablyLL
Join us on February 16, 2021, at 4:00 pm for the “Charging up the electric vehicle revolution with cleantech solutions” workshop. We will be discussing next-generation clean mobility with community action partners and entrepreneurs. Bring your ideas on cleantech to share with your peers!
EV Match: Heather Hochrein https://www.evmatch.com/
Envoy: Paul Hernandez https://www.envoythere.com/
Green Light Labs: Samveg Saxena https://www.greenlight-labs.com/
To RSVP CleanTech Workshop
Brought to you by Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator (LACI), College of Business and Economics at Cal State LA, Community Environmental Council, and the Entrepreneurship & Small Business Institute at CSU Channel Islands.
2021 BANK OF AMERICA DIVERSITY & INCLUSION FORUM
Whether you are in the early stages of exploring or have decided on a career path, we invite interested freshmen and sophomores to apply to the 2021 Careers Launchpad Diversity & Inclusion Forum for a chance to meet our team of recruiters and professionals this spring (April 2021). Attendees will experience business-specific seminars, join panel discussions on diversity and inclusion, and participate in small group networking.
This forum is designed to prepare students from historically underrepresented backgrounds in financial services; specifically Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, Native American, women, LGBT+, military veterans, and people with disabilities, for the fast-paced internship recruiting process. We also define diversity broadly to include any attribute, background, or life experience that may contribute to an atypical or unique business perspective, including economic circumstances, family educational attainment, or geographic origin. Selected students will be considered for 2022 summer programs.
Bank of America is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workforce –all students are welcome to apply
How to Apply
- Review the businesses below
- Submit an application for the Launchpad Diversity & Inclusion Forum of your choice. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible and no later than February 28, 2021, at 11:55 p.m. Eastern.
- Applicants chosen for consideration will be invited to (a) complete a HireVue video interview and (b)
SOCALGAS INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
Job Title: Accounting/Finance/Business Operations Associate Internship Program (Full-Time)
Posting End Date: Jan 31, 2021
Based in Los Angeles, Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas) has been delivering clean, safe, and reliable natural gas to its customers for more than 140 years. We are the nation's largest natural gas distribution utility, providing service to 20.9 million consumers through 5.8 million meters in more than 500 communities. SoCalGas is a regulated subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE), a Fortune 300 energy services holding company.
We are looking for bright and motivated students to be part of our Accounting/Finance/Operations Internship Program. The program will allow you to apply what you have learned in school and further enhance your knowledge and expertise through hands-on training. Below is a sample of participating departments:
- Accounting Research
- Plant Accounting
- Accounts Payable
- General Rate Case & Revenue Requirements
- Business Systems & Analytics
- Customer Services
- Mentoring from peers and management
- Placement is based upon the applicant's academic qualifications and work experience
- Summer activities include facility tours, lunch & learn sessions, and social events
- Technical and industry training
- Practical work experience at the nation's largest natural gas distribution utility
- Opportunity to evaluate SoCalGas as a professional career
- Early application to our Accounting/Finance/Operations Rotation Program
- Successful interns may be considered for our entry-level, full-time rotation program
- Exposure and networking opportunities with executives and a wide range of employees
- Formal mentoring program to provide career guidance and support
- Enrollment in a four-year university Bachelor's or Master's program
- Sophomore, Junior, or Senior Standing
- Desired majors: Accounting, Finance, Economics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, Quantitative Analysis, Mathematics/Statistics (other business-related majors will be considered)
- 3.0+ GPA
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship.
If you want to be a part of a dynamic and growing organization where your contributions will be valued and your impact will be felt, apply now!
UNITE- LA INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
Unite-LA is kicking off the New Year with several internship opportunities available to students through our Tech Pathway Program! We partner with a wide array of Los Angeles Tech Companies to help students gain experience and knowledge working with experts in the field. We have internship positions in multiple pathways including; Business Development, Design and Visual Media Arts, Information Technology and Software development.
In order to be considered for an internship, interested students must complete the following:
- Complete a profile on our internship platform by clicking Unite-LA Internship Opportunity link here.
- Submit the UNITE-LA Common Application in the portal
- Upon completing the application, you will be invited to a virtual mock interview (we mock interview all our students before referring them to our companies just to make sure they are ready for an internship if, for whatever reason they are not, we will work with them to get there!)
- Once the interview is completed, you will have access to view all open internships in our Guided Compass platform and indicate which companies you are most interested in!