Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) at Cal State LA represents a cross-divisional, comprehensive, and coordinated effort to continue developing and implementing the University's strategic plan focused on inclusive excellence. Reporting directly to the President and working in collaboration with one another, the Vice Presidents will provide dynamic and visionary leadership within their Divisions to fulfill the the University's Mission, Vision, and Strategic Plan by nurturing a welcoming and inclusive campus where students, faculty, and staff thrive, and community is honored and cultivated.
Read the Campus Mission, Vision and Strategic Plan.
Each Vice President is responsible for:
- Enacting the University's diversity, equity, and inclusion mission, priorities, and values.
- Leading the work on the Presidential Commission for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Developing DEI initiatives, professional development opportunities, and educational programming to enhance cultural competency, equity, and cultural integrity.
- Designing initiatives to enhance the recruitment and retention of diverse faculty, students, and staff.
- Developing leadership development programs to reinforce diversity, equity, and inclusion.