The CSU Trustees' Award for Outstanding Achievement is given each year to students who demonstrate superior academic performance, personal accomplishments, community service, and financial need.
Up to $15,000 and designation as Trustee Emeritus Ali C. Razi Scholar. Runners up may receive $1,000 to $10,000 scholarships.
Below is the criteria:
- Student must be currently enrolled full-time and plan to continue being enrolled full-time in the Fall 2021-Spring 2022 academic year. Undergraduates and Graduate Students are eligible.
- Student must have at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA.
- Student must have submitted a 2020-2021 FAFSA or California Dream Act Application and demonstrate financial need and plan to submit a 2021-2022 FAFSA or California Dream Act Application by March 2, 2021.
The Application Process is as follows:
To be considered for the CSU Trustees’ Award, students must submit the following three documents together in one email to Veronica Popovic ([email protected]) by 5pm on Thursday, March 18, 2021.
- Student must submit a brief personal statement (word document, 12-point font, double-spaced, 1-inch margins, there is no page limit), describing the following:
- Challenges they have encountered
- Personal achievements
- Educational pursuits
- Community service, reflecting a commitment to education and to the community
- Goals and aspirations for the future
- Student must submit two letters of reference (PDFs) from individuals, such as teachers/professors, counselors, or community leaders, who can attest to the candidate's meritorious performance and personal strengths and assess the nominee’s potential for success. One of the letters of reference must be from an academic instructor.