Remote Technology Resources
Information Technology Services (ITS) provides different types of online resources for students, faculty, and staff to stay connected with one another and continue learning and working during circumstances when University buildings or the campus is closed for extended periods. Our online resources are listed below.
Log in to MyCalStateLA Portal to access many IT resources including Canvas, Office 365 Email, Zoom, GET, HRM, LinkedIn Learning, SharePoint, ServiceNow, Qualtrics and more.
Computer Lab Software
If you need to access software that is available in the Cal State LA computer labs, you can remotely connect to the lab computers using a Remote Access Tool.
If you do not have access to the Internet from off-campus, please utilize the following resources. Note that these are services from third-party resources and not from any University department.
- Coolpad Hotspot Connection Guide: Instructions on how to set up the Coolpad Snap for Wi-Fi hotspot access.
- Get Connected LA: The City of Los Angeles in partnership with California Emerging Technology Fund and EveryoneOn has created this resource page.
- FCC Emergency Broadband Benefit: A program to help families and households struggling to afford internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- FCC agreement (PDF): States that providers will waive late fees, not cutoff service for lack of payment, and open hot-spots.
- Comcast: Offers free WiFi for 2 months to low income families plus all Xfinity hot-spots are free to the public during this time.
- Charter/Spectrum: Free Internet offer for 2 months.
- AT&T: Offers open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low-income families.
- Verizon: No special offers, but following the FCC agreement.
- Sprint: Follows FCC agreement, provides unlimited data to existing customers, and, starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- T-Mobile: Follows FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers, and coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- Everyone On: Provides a comprehensive, updated list of low-cost internet offers by zip code.
Office 365 and One Drive
- Work on documents, share and collaborate remotely using OneDrive for Business
- Learn Best Practices for Collaborating with Office 365
Zoom Web Conference
Leverage virtual environments to facilitate web conferences and online classrooms.
- Zoom How-to Guides
- Hosting Accessible Zoom Meetings (DOCX)
- Get Started with Zoom (pre-recorded webinar)
- Zoom Video Tutorials
- Tips and Tricks for Teachers Educating on Zoom (PDF)
Set up a shared, collaborative space, schedule virtual meetings, assign tasks and more.
- Teams Help Center
- Teams Video Training
- Teams Essential Training (LinkedIn Learning)
- Teams Quick Tips (LinkedIn Learning)
Multimedia Production Support (Staff/Faculty)
Multimedia Production Services
- Production Services
- Submit a Media Production Request form - For projects due by August 20, 2020 (beginning of the fall semester), please submit your request no later than Monday, July 6, 2020.
Access University network resources from off-campus computers using the internet.