SharePoint Online is a powerful web-based platform developed by Microsoft for collaboration, file sharing, and web publishing. Cal State LA faculty and staff can use SharePoint as a secure place to store, organize, share, and access information from anywhere and on any device.
Request a SharePoint Site
Faculty and staff can request a SharePoint site by completing the SharePoint Site Request Form and submitting it to the ITS Help Desk located in the Library Palmer Wing Lobby. Once your request is processed, a SharePoint site will be created for your group and you will be notified via email. An individual from your group must assume the role of site owner, but may share those responsibilities as appropriate. Site owners are responsible for managing the site and granting user access.
Access Your SharePoint Site
When you are given access to your SharePoint site, you will receive an email with a link to the site. To access your SharePoint site, click the link in the email and log in with your MyCalStateLA ID account. Be sure to bookmark the site so you can easily access it later.
- SharePoint Help and Learning (Microsoft)
- SharePoint Video Training (Microsoft)
- SharePoint Online Essential Training (LinkedIn Learning)
- SharePoint Online: Managing Documents (LinkedIn Learning)
- SharePoint Quick Tips (LinkedIn Learning)
- SharePoint File Sharing Site User Guide (PDF)