The Annex Link, located in Simpson Tower E191, is the university's only late-night Open Access Lab. Students can meet-up with their study groups to work on projects in the smart room or group study room, use computers, and access printing and copier services for seven days a week. In addition, Macs and PCs with updated software provide students with the necessary resources to achieve their academic goals.
Annex Link Availability:
- Walk-in ITS Help Desk support is available after hours
- Closed during University holidays and breaks
- Stop by in-person or call the Annex Link at 323-343-2595
Spring 2024 Semester:
- Monday to Thursday: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday to Sunday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Extended hours:
- Weeks 1 and 2: Open on Saturday 1/27 and Saturday 2/3 from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Final Exam week: Open 24/7 from Friday 5/10 to Saturday 5/18, 6 p.m.
- Monday January 22 - Spring semester starts, open from 7 a.m.
- Sunday March 31 - Close at 6 p.m.
- Monday April 1 - Cesar Chavez Day (in lieu); closed
- Tuesday April 2 - Open from 7 a.m.
- Saturday May 18 - Close at 6 p.m. for term break
24/7 Technology Help Desk (except intersession): Full-time ITS Help Desk staff are available in the Annex Link to respond promptly to general technology questions and issues regarding campus accounts (GET, MyCalStateLA ID), campus Wi-Fi access, Canvas, email, some basic software applications and IT technical questions that don't require third-party assistance for remediation. Users can now get many of their questions answered and problems resolved without having to wait until the next business day. Stop by in-person or call the 24/7 help desk at 323-343-6170. ITS Help Desk in-person services are still available during normal business hours in the Library Palmer Wing Lobby.
Late Safety Precautions: The safety of our students and staff in the lab is a priority. Annex Link doors will be locked from Monday through Thursday between 9 p.m. and 11 p.m., and Friday through Sunday between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. Users must slide their valid Cal State LA One Card to enter the Annex Link during this time. Access will not be granted to any student without their One Card or to anyone attempting to use an invalid card. Students can obtain a Cal State LA One Card from the Golden Eagle Service Center, GE Room 220 during normal business hours, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Food and Beverages: Food is not allowed in any open access lab computer area, lounge, smart room or in any areas with University computers or other electronic equipment.
Exception: Between 6 p.m. and 11 p.m. only, food and drinks in spill-proof containers are allowed solely in the Annex Link group study room. In order to maintain a clean study environment, students are expected to put away or properly discard any food and drinks before re-entering the main lab. Please be courteous and clean up after yourself so that the next students using this room will have a clean study environment.
- Students can submit a request for a laptop loan. There is a limited number of laptops available for check out. Please call (323) 343-3103 or email [email protected] to schedule an appointment.
- Dean Of Students Resources
- IT Resources for Remote Access
- For any technical questions and assistance, please contact the ITS Help Desk.