For Cal State LA, information technology is critical to the achievements and success of the University itself. Among current advantages, technology allows our students to:
- Apply to multiple campuses simultaneously;
- Register and pay for classes;
- Communicate with professors at any time of day;
- Receive notifications and communications targeted by student discipline, class or interest;
- Participate in online courses;
- Access on-demand University-licensed third-party computing applications;
- Navigate to student services and resources through a personalized MyCalStateLA Portal;
- Receive on-demand software application training; and
- Securely view grades online.
And, Cal State LA students can access these resources and services at any time, from any location with an internet connection using the approved technology devices of their choice. By downloading the GETmobile app to their device, GET self-service functions and more are right in students' hands.
The use of technology in education is supporting and changing how our faculty teach, our students learn, and our staff and administrators work.
Vision and Mission
We strive to provide all students, faculty, and staff with anywhere, anytime electronic access to information resources in support of the teaching/learning mission of the University.
It is our mission to provide the technology infrastructure, support services, and resources that support the University's strategic directions and goals and to ensure that information security assurance remains an institutional priority.
Location: Library Palmer Wing 1070
Mail Code: 8513-04
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.