The Open Access Lab (OAL) group study rooms are located in the Annex Link and King Hall Link OALs immediately adjacent to smart rooms. These discussion room settings, each with a conference table and chairs, provide students with a place to work on class or group projects, or perhaps study together for upcoming tests.
Who can reserve a study room?
Currently enrolled Cal State L.A. students with a valid One Card ID can reserve a group study room.
These rooms are intended for group, not individual, study and a minimum occupancy of two students is required at all times.
How long is a reserved session?
Two hours. The reservation can be extended provided no other student has a reservation immediately following the session. Check with the lab consultant to make or extend a reservation.
What is the maximum limit of reservations within a week?
Groups are only allowed to make four reservations within the same week. This allows other groups a chance to use the study room for their projects as well.
What is the cancellation guideline?
If the group changed their mind in using the room, please notify the Open Access Lab to cancel the reservation.
What are the guidelines for late arrivals and missed reservations?
Groups are only allowed a fifteen minute leeway past their reservation time before the room is forfeited to another group.
Where can I find OAL group study rooms?
- Annex Link
- King Hall Link
General instructions for using study rooms
- Make a reservation in person or over the phone at the OAL you wish to use. The requester must bring their valid One Card ID to make the reservation.
- Rooms may be reserved as early as one week in advance.
- Take care of the equipment and report any damage to the consultant station.
- Do not overcrowd the room. If posted, follow the occupancy limitation.
- Food is not allowed. Drinks must be in spill-proof containers.
- Keep the noise level down. The rooms are not soundproof.
- White boards are available. Use only the markers and erasers provided. Remember to replace them where you found them.
- Before leaving the study room, be sure the area is clean and neat and the whiteboard is erased.
- When leaving the OAL, notify the lab consultant that you're done using the room. A consultant will close the room.