The ITS Training Program provides online training resources which deliver technology training to the Cal State LA community when and where they need it.
The Lynda.com Training page includes a list of courses which can be used for self-paced learning. Training is available 24/7 at lynda.calstatela.edu and can be accessed by Cal State LA students, faculty and staff with a MyCalStateLA ID account.
Resources by Topic
Below are additional online training resources which can be used for self-paced learning.
Note: To access a Lynda.com or Moodle course, you need to log in with your MyCalStateLA ID account.
Adobe Creative Cloud
For additional Adobe training resources, visit the Adobe Learn website.
IBM SPSS Statistics
- IBM SPSS Statistics 24 Tutorials (IBM)
- IBM SPSS Statistics Essential Training (Lynda.com)
- IBM SPSS Statistics Course (Moodle)
The IT Security Training page provides users with a central location for information security training. The page includes links to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) training, several online courses, and handouts.
Microsoft Imagine Academy
The Microsoft Imagine Academy (formerly IT Academy) is available free of charge to Cal State LA students, faculty and staff. This online learning program allows users to develop their technical skills on the latest Microsoft technologies with self-paced, interactive, and engaging online training.
For additional Microsoft Office training resources, visit the following websites.
Microsoft Office 365
OneDrive for Business
Outlook on the Web
The ITS Training Program offers several online courses on Moodle. These courses include video tutorials, handouts, sample data files, slideshows, and assessments. To access a Moodle course, you need to log in to Moodle with your MyCalStateLA ID account.
- Adobe Illustrator
- Drupal: Overview
- HTML5 and CSS3
- IBM SPSS Statistics
- Web Accessibility Awareness and Testing
A certificate of completion can be obtained by users who complete all parts of any Moodle course and receive at least an 80% score on the assessments. To receive a certificate, email your assessment scores to email@example.com.
TechSmith Camtasia & Snagit
- Camtasia 9 for Windows and Camtasia 3 for Mac Tutorials (TechSmith)
- Camtasia 9 for Windows Essential Training (Lynda.com)
- Camtasia 3 for Mac Essential Training (Lynda.com)
Web Development & Accessibility
HTML5 and CSS3
- HTML5 and CSS3 Part 1: Using HTML and CSS to Create a Website Layout.pdf
- HTML5 and CSS3 Part 2: Adding Multimedia to the Webpage.pdf
- HTML5 and CSS3 Part 3: Creating an Image Gallery and Uploading to the Internet.pdf
Web and Document Accessibility