Setting up your new MacBook
Congratulations! Please follow the steps below before you start to use it. Plug in the charger and turn on your macOS device.
Steps to Complete Setup Assistant
- Select Your Country or Region: Choose a country to set the language and time zone for your Mac.
- Select Wi-Fi Network: Connect to your network. Enter password, if necessary.
- Remote Management: The following screen will appear. Click Continue.
- Create a Computer Account: IMPORTANT! WAIT 5 MINUTES before creating computer account. After waiting 5 minutes, create computer account and click Continue.
- Setup Assistant will finish setting up your Mac.
- Your Mac is now ready to use.
Software Available for Installation
Updates on campus Macs are now done using the Self Service App located in the Mac OS Applications folder. The applications can be reinstalled via Self Service at any time.
Note: You must be connected to the Internet to perform the procedure. Installation time will vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the network hardware on your Mac.
Steps to Use Self Service
- Launch the Self Service app in the Applications folder.
- Login to Information Technology Services using your CalStateLA ID (myuserID).
- Click Install for every application you want to install.
- Adobe CC 2021 suite (System Requirement: MacOS 10.11 and above)
- Adobe CC 2021 individual app (System Requirement: MacOS 10.11 and above)
- Acrobat DC
- Lightroom Classic
- Media Encoder
- Premiere Pro
- After Effects
- MATLAB R2019a (System Requirement: MacOS 10.12 and above)
- Office 2019 (System Requirement: MacOS 10.12 and above)
- SPSS 27 (System Requirement: MacOS 10.10 and above)
- TechSmith (Camtasia 2020, Snagit 2020)
- Web Browsers (Firefox, Google Chrome)
- Global Protect – VPN Client
- Microsoft Remote Desktop
- Microsoft Teams
- Zoom Meeting Client