The Annex Link, located in Simpson Tower E191, is the campus 24/7 Open Access Lab. Students can meet-up with their study groups to work on projects in the smart room or group study room, use computers, and access printing and copier services at any time, day or night. In addition, Macs and PCs with updated software provide students with the necessary resources to achieve their academic goals.
Annex Link Availability:
- Walk-in ITS Help Desk support is available after hours
- Closed during University holidays and breaks
- Stop by in-person or call the Annex Link at 323-343-2595
Summer Intersession 2022
- Mon - Thu: 8 a.m. to midnight
- Fri - Sun: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tuesday May 31 - Open from 8 a.m.
- Sunday July 3 - Close from 6 p.m.
- Monday July 4 - Independence Day (closed)
- Tuesday July 5 - Open from 8 a.m.
- Saturday August 20 - Close for term break at 6 p.m.
Reserve a General Appointment
Students can reserve an in-person appointment with one of our support team members, use a lounge space or power bank charger. You can either, click on this Book an Appointment link, or text CALSTATELA ITS to (323) 990-8865, or download the "Qless" mobile app from your app store and search for "calstatela its."
24/7 Technology Help Desk (except intersession): Full-time ITS Help Desk staff are available in the Annex Link to respond promptly to general technology questions and issues regarding campus accounts (GET, MyCalStateLA ID), campus Wi-Fi access, Moodle, email, some basic software applications and IT technical questions that don't require third-party assistance for remediation. Users can now get many of their questions answered and problems resolved without having to wait until the next business day. Stop by in-person or call the 24/7 help desk at 323-343-6170. ITS Help Desk in-person services are still available during normal business hours in the Library Palmer Wing Lobby (LPW Lobby).
Late Night Safety Precautions: The safety of our students and staff in the lab is a priority. Annex Link doors will be locked between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. Users must slide their valid Cal State L.A. One Card to enter the Annex Link during this time. Access will not be granted to any student without his or her One Card or to anyone attempting to use an invalid card. Students can obtain a Cal State L.A. One Card from the Golden Eagle Service Center, GE 220 during normal business hours, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Food and Beverages: Food is not allowed in any OAL computer area, lounge, smart room or in any areas with University computers or other electronic equipment.
Exception: Between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. only, food and drinks in spill-proof containers are allowed solely in the Annex Link group study room. In order to maintain a clean study environment, students are expected to put away or properly discard any food and drinks before re-entering the main lab. Please be courteous and clean up after yourself so that the next students using this room will have a clean study environment.
Remote Computer Access
Students can now remotely connect to Open Access Lab computers and utilize the software applications installed on the workstation. To do so, students will need to have their MyCalStateLA username and password ready and follow the steps provided below. All Open Access Labs are now available for remote access.
- Cal State LA Remote Computer Access
- How to Remotely Connect to a Lab PC workstation using macOS (DOCX)
- How to Remotely Connect to a Lab PC workstation using Windows (DOCX)
- How to Remotely Connect to a Lab Mac workstation (DOCX)
- Students can submit a request for a laptop loan. There is a limited number of laptops available for check out. Please call (323) 343-3103 or email [email protected] to schedule an appointment.
- Dean Of Students Resources
- IT Resources for Remote Access
For any technical questions and assistance, please contact the ITS Help Desk.