Graduation roadmaps are suggested academic plans. Students should design their own plans to complete the degree requirements in a timely fashion.
- Check the scheduling patterns of the courses and ensue that the CS 4xxx prerequisite course is completed prior to the CS 5xxx course.
- It is strongly recommended to complete no more than three courses during any term.
- Courses in the summer term can be taken to accelerate completion of the requirements.
- Students assigned any prerequisite courses (provisionary admission) have to complete them during the first semester as per advisor recommendation. Upon completion of prerequisite courses, students must submit a filled GS-8 form to the graduate faculty advisor to change the student's classification status from Conditionally Classified to Classified.
- Thesis course registration: Before registering for CS 5990, students must submit a GS-10 form and get the graduate faculty advisor's approval.
- Comp exam course registration: Before registering for CS 5960, students should complete the core requirement (or the breadth requirement), submit a GS-10 form, and get the graduate faculty advisor's approval.
- Students must submit their graduation application one term before the expected graduation term.