Program Educational Objectives
- Students who had entered the workforce will have established themselves as effective professionals by having solved real problems through the use of their computer science knowledge and their communication, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Students who had continued in academia will have been successful in pursuing advanced degrees and in demonstrating their ability to master advanced areas of computer science.
- Students will have demonstrated their ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment by having learned and applied new skills and new technologies.
Student Outcomes - Undergraduate : BSCS
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
Student Learning Outcomes - Graduate : MSCS
- Students will be able to use advanced mathematical methods to analyze the complexity of algorithms.
- Student will have the ability to use state-of-the-art patterns and frameworks to design, analyze, and assess software architectures.
- Students will understand modern software engineering concepts, techniques, practices, and tools, and will be able to apply them to the development of complex software systems.
- Students will have acquired advanced knowledge and skills in one or more specialized areas of computer science.
- Students will be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Students will embrace lifelong learning and exhibit the knowledge, skills and attitude for adapting to new environments and technologies.