Give to ECST
The College of Engineering, Computer Science, and Technology (ECST) offers accredited programs in civil, electrical, and mechanical engineering; computer science; and industrial technology, as well as California’s only public university programs in aviation administration, fire protection administration, and graphic communication. We serve over 3,000 undergraduate majors and over 350 graduate students. Our rigorous curriculum prepares students for a broad range of successful technical and management careers in competitive job markets.
In 2021, U.S. News & World Report ranked Cal State LA’s undergraduate engineering program in the top five for its category; in addition, the National Science Foundation recently (2017) ranked Cal State LA as the top supplier of Latino science and engineering Ph.D. recipients among all undergraduate and master’s degree-granting colleges and universities in the continental United States. We are a powerful engine of social mobility.
The American Society of Engineering Education Diversity Recognition Program (ASEE EDC) recognizes Cal State LA, College of ECST with the highest honor, Bronze Level status for significant, measurable progress in increasing diversity, inclusion, and degree attainment outcomes of their programs. Being among the nation’s leaders in inclusive excellence. Committed to establishing support for groups underrepresented in engineering, quantifiably analyzing and assessing composition, policies, culture, and climate-related to all groups underrepresented in engineering. Implementing programs and initiatives that strengthen the K-12 or community college pipeline, reducing significant long-term growth barriers, and developing an action plan focused on continuous improvement.
Support the College of Engineering, Computer Science & Technology's mission to Commit to excellence. Engage in community. To make an immediate gift, simply complete our secure online giving form. It's easy, safe, and convenient.
Pre-college and first-year programs designed to inspire and strengthen students’ engagement with engineering, computer science, and technology, build strong fundamentals and develop the college community. We invite you to explore the Acceleration Initiative programs.
- Summer Transition to ECST Program (STEP) prepares all Pre-Engineering and Pre-Computer Science incoming freshmen to be successful in their course of study at Cal State LA by facilitating the transition from high school to college, reinforcing and developing math skills necessary to meet ECST major requirements, and building community. Students meet other students in their college, connect with ECST student organizations, obtain general information about the campus, and begin their relationship with their academic advisors and faculty. More About STEP.
- ECST First-Year Experience ([email protected]) is a first-year cohort program that provides students with skills and support for their ongoing success at ECST. Launched in 2015, [email protected] supports student retention and success through hands-on engineering, physics, and computing courses, opportunities for students to develop lasting relationships through block scheduling with a cohort group, and dedicated staff advisors and peer mentors to ensure excellence in core courses. More About [email protected]
- Math, Engineering, Science, Achievement Schools Program (MESA-MSP) offers pre-college students college and career exploration in the STEM fields. Industry partners such as Boeing, JPL, and the Department of Water and Power, to name a few, partner with MESA to sponsor events at universities across Southern California to propel student diversity and achievement in STEM. Hands-on activities and workshops give pre-college students a chance to learn about STEM careers and gain an understanding of higher education, campus life, and the opportunity to interact with college students and professional mentors. Visit Cal State LA MESA. More About MESA-MSP at Cal State LA.
- LAunchPad is a two-week summer program where we will introduce you to a few of the exciting ways that engineers and computer scientists can make the world a better place. You’ll learn about computing and data science, how to make your cell phone control a robot, and how to test and keep clean the air we breathe and the water we drink. Visit LAunchPad. More About LAunchPad.
- Successful Transfer and Retention (STAR) program at Cal State LA supports College Futures Foundation's (CFF) work to ensure that more students who reflect California’s diversity will complete a bachelor’s degree. Through the STAR program, we are looking forward to establishing engineering and technology pathway with community colleges and developing a pre-and post-transfer peer mentoring program, thereby enhancing institutional capacity to support transfer student success in STEM fields. More About STAR
Capstone Senior Design
A program that places student teams in an industry setting, where they combine theoretical knowledge and hands-on skills to create real-world solutions for client-identified problems. More About ECST Capstone.
Student Success Fund
Provides scholarships and other support to deserving students.
Dean’s Fund for Innovation
Provides the Dean of Engineering, Computer Science, and Technology with support to help implement the college’s Strategic Plan.
Through the generosity of your donations, the College of Engineering, Computer Science, and Technology is able to impact the outcomes of our students. Together we continue to Commit to excellence. Engage in community.