ECST Collaborates to Create STEM Diversity
STEM Advantage has relationships with eight CSU campuses, including five in the greater Los Angeles area, one of which is Cal State LA. Of the 175 STEM Advantage Scholars named in the fall of 2021, 45 study at Cal State LA—more than at any other CSU.
Message From The Dean
During my time here at Cal State Los Angeles I have been fortunate to work with amazing and committed faculty and staff. You might not realize it, but we don’t just graduate students; faculty and staff sometimes graduate to exciting new positions!
ECST, Communications Studies, and Art Collaborate on LGBTQ Archive Project
Interactive, global repository of user-generated LGBTQ stories, historical and current events, seeks to increase the visibility of queer individuals and experiences.
$5M from NSF to Fund an Urban Sustainability Research Cntr
$5 million grant to start a center of research excellence at Cal State LA - this time to focus on urban sustainability issues.
ECST Collaborates with School of Nursing to Bring Virtual Reality to Nurse Training
Computer Science Department brings virtual reality to nurse training creating an immersive experience that will simulate interactions between nursing students and patients with diverse backgrounds.
Creating a Glide Path Between Community Colleges and Four-Year Universities
ECST, a STEM nonprofit, and a corporate-sponsored initiative help community college students prepare themselves for four-year universitiess through research internships.
Alums and Friends Stepped Up in 2021!
ECST received almost $1 million in gifts in 2021, including gifts for student scholarships and programs during an especially challenging year. We are grateful.
View ECST Photos
View the College of ECST's photos from Commencement 2022, Capstone Expo 2022, and the ECST Honors Convocation 2022 on Flickr.
- Dean Emily Allen's Spring 2022 Message (May)
- ECST, Communications Studies, and Art Collaborate on LGBTQ Archive Project
- ECST Awarded $5 Million from NSF to Fund an Urban Sustainability Research Center
- STEM Advantage and ECST Collaborate to Create More Diversity in STEM
- ECST Collaborates with School of Nursing to Bring Virtual Reality to Nurse Training
- Creating a Glide Path Between Community Colleges and Four-Year Universities
- Alums and Friends of ECST Stepped Up in 2021!
- Dean Emily Allen's Fall 2021 Message
- ECST Alum Tells His Story of Surviving the Holocaust So No One Forgets
- Cal State LA Supports Using the Tools Professionals Use in Engineering Education
- ECST’s First-Year Student Experience Program Changes Lives
- “An Astronaut from Nigeria? That’s Not Going to Happen”
- ECST Raises Nearly $5,500,000 in 2020-2021 to Advance STEM Research and Student Success
- Dean Emily Allen's Spring 2021 Message
- Cal State LA Alums Power NASA’s Latest Mission to Mars
- Alums and Friends of ECST Step Up in 2020!
- Seniors Adapt to Capstone Projects During a Pandemic
- ECST Celebrates 2021 Engineering Week!
- Dean Emily Allen's Message - December 2020
- $2 Million Award from the NSF Tops the List of New ECST Grants
- Nearly 80% of Students Failed a Mid-Term. Something Had to Be Done.
- Cal State LA Fire Service Veterans Can’t Curb Their Enthusiasm
- Why Did You Choose Cal State LA? Three ECST Students Answer the Question
- Virtual Events: Our Format May Have Changed, But Enthusiasm Remains High!
- California State Cadet takes break from fighting forest fires to be commissioned
- Cal State LA students serve as firefighters, battle California wildfires
- Dean Emily Allen's Message - August 2020
- New Faculty: First Impressions
- ECST Students Made Remote Summer Internships Work
- ECST Graduate Hones Real-Worl Skills in Submarine Competition
- Congratulations to the ECST Class of 2020!
- Cal State LA Researchers Use Data Visualization, AI in fight against COVID-19
- Engineering the Anthropocene
- Cal State LA's engineering program in the College of ECST remains one of the top 10 in the nation among public, master’s awarding institutions
- Cal State LA opens the Sikand SITI Center, hosts symposium on urban sustainability
- SWE Magazine Feature: Women Engineering Leaders in Academe 2019
- Cal State LA receives $525,000 grant from the Weingart Foundation
- Baja SAE Tournament
- Cal State LA wins statewide award for hydrogen fuel cell vehicle program
- Commentary: Community college, janitorial job got me on track to doctorate
- Cal State LA technology professor named a Fulbright Distinguished Chair in Alternative Energy Technology
- Graduating Cal State LA engineering student dedicated to serving community
- Graduating Cal State LA student uses computer science for innovation in robotics
- Cal State LA's ECST college hosts their annual capstone expo, displaying sponsored student projects
- XSEDE Teams with Cal State for Advanced Computing Training
- ASI and ECST hold "An Evening with Dr. Sengupta"
- Cal State LA receives Keck Foundation grant for Innovation and Design Center
- When the Engineer Met the Virtuoso
- How to Fight Hackers With Quantum Communication
- Cal State LA receives $525,000 grant from the Weingart Foundation
- NASA-funded program lifts off some students' careers
- Hassan Hashemian receives Administration's Public Service Award
- ECST receives $100,000 grant from SoCalGas
- Deborah Won is appointed to the CSUPERB Faculty Consensus Group
- Women's Council & Awards 2018: Finalist - Emily Allen
- Cal State LA awarded NSF grant to support students earning degrees in engineering and computer science
- L.A. County taps talent of Cal State LA technology students
- Computer science students are helping California's largest county government save time and trees through the use of affordable technology
- Cal State LA student receives $10,000 U.S. Navy STEM Scholarship
- Mohammad Pourhomayoun and his data science research team join L.A.'s VisionZero project
- Emily Allen is presented the 2017 Claire L. Felbinger Award for Diversity
- Cal State LA receives federal grant to diversify the STEM workforce
- Cal State LA receives research grant from NATO's Science for Peace and Security Program
- Curt Castagna moderates a panel discussion at the 89th Annual American Association of Airport Executives, Inc. Conference & Exposition
- Cal State LA team won first place at SourceAmerica Design Challenge
- Collaborating to meet industry challenges
- Sparking student interest in Naval STEM careers
- Jane Dong is the recipient of a HERS leadership fellowship
- Richard Roberto and Dan Roberto volunteer at the 2016 American Solar Challenge/ Formula Sun Grand Prix
- Tona Rodriguez-Nikl is the recipient of the Sikand Faculty Endowment for Research in Urban Sustainability
- W&WD Announces WWEMA Scholarship Winner
- Students create innovative prototypes at Cal State LA BioHack
- Mark Tufenkjian receives Outstanding Professor Award
- West Los Angeles teen computer whiz to graduate from Cal State LA
- Cal State L.A. students engineer tech solutions for real-world problems
- Nancy Warter-Perez will lead engineering students in developing cooperative robotics as part of NASA Swarmathon Physical Competition
- Paul Liu receives Northrop Grumman Corporation's 2015 World Class Team Special Recognition Award
- Cal State LA Team Named Finalist in Engineering Contest
- Cal State LA BMES Places in Top Five at Makeathon 2016
- Cal State LA Civil Engineering at ASWC 2016 (Photos)
- Cal State L.A. to boost student success through NSF-funded program
- Cal State L.A. receives more than $1 million in STEM research grants
- #WomenExcel: Two sisters start a new chapter at AECOM
- This 'feminist Barbie' comes with an inspiring lesson for young girls
- Cal State L.A. students win national engineering competition
- Civil Engineering Students Present their Southern California Regional Interconnector Project
- EcoCAR 3 team receives $100,000 from South Coast Air Quality Management District
- Cal State L.A. receives $5-million NASA grant for research
- Cal State L.A.'s Westec Team Win Third Place
- Cal State L.A. Forensic Science Symposium
- B.E.S.T. Professional Networking Mixer
- Cal State L.A. Participates in the Burbank Bob Hope Airport Emergency Drill
- Mechanical engineering major Angela Wu was recently presented a Phi Kappa Phi Travel Award for her research on improving the design of heat exchangers to make them more energy efficient and environmentally sound
- ECST Preview Day 2015
- Cal State L.A. receives $1 million Sikand Foundation gift to support faculty research in urban sustainability
- Cal State L.A.’s GeoTech Team will be competing this week in the national GeoChallenge competition in San Antonio, Texas
- 2015 AT&T Developer Summit Hackathon
- 10 California State University, Los Angeles MESA students honed their leadership skills
- California State University, Los Angeles was the first in California (CA) to sell Hydrogen (H2) by the kilogram!
- Industrial Designers Are Essential To L.A.’s Business Community
- ECST Welcome Back BBQ 2014
- ECST Boeing Day & Open House 2014
- Student Orientation 2014
- STEP Award Ceremony 2014
A publication of the Cal State LA, College of Engineering, Science, and Technology
Read how ECST students, faculty, and alumni are leading change and movement in a rapidly shifting landscape.