ECST’s First-Year Student Experience Program Changes Lives
ECST created its First Year [email protected] (FYrE) program to give its incoming freshmen the skills and support they need for academic success and to reduce the time it takes to complete their degrees. But there is also a human story to tell.
Message From The Dean
We’ve ramped up our in-person classes (about 40% are in-person this semester), returned to our research labs, and continued with some new ways of delivering our education and support to students.
Cal State LA Supports Using the Tools Professionals Use in Engineering Education
Knowing how to use the tools professionals use can make a huge difference when engineering graduates are looking for jobs.
ECST Raises Nearly $5,500,000 in 2020-2021 to Advance STEM Research and Student Success
ECST almost doubled external funding in academic year 2020-2021 over the previous year.
“An Astronaut from Nigeria? That’s Not Going to Happen”
Ebenezer Onyeogaziri Henry’s search for a career in aviation led him to the U.S. from his native Nigeria and eventually to Cal State LA, and earned a bachelor’s degree in Aviation Administration.
ECST Alum Tells His Story of Surviving the Holocaust So No One Forgets
Sigmund Burke, a 98-year-old Auschwitz survivor and ECST alumnus with a degree in civil engineering, is still telling his story: of being packed into a cattle car in 1944 and taken to Auschwitz.
2021 Urban Sustainability VIRTUAL Symposium
This symposium brings together researchers, educators, students, policymakers, and key stakeholders to engage in a collaborative discussion addressing challenges in urban sustainability.
Hired by NV Energy, Powering the City of Lights
Alumni Network webinar featuring alumna Alicia Lopez (’93), Sr. Project Manager, Major Projects at NV Energy shares her professional journey and developing trends in transportation and distribution.
- Dean Emily Allen's Fall 2021 Message
- ECST Alum Tells His Story of Surviving the Holocaust So No One Forgets
- Cal State LA Supports Using the Tools Professionals Use in Engineering Education
- ECST’s First-Year Student Experience Program Changes Lives
- “An Astronaut from Nigeria? That’s Not Going to Happen”
- ECST Raises Nearly $5,500,000 in 2020-2021 to Advance STEM Research and Student Success
- Dean Emily Allen's Spring 2021 Message
- Cal State LA Alums Power NASA’s Latest Mission to Mars
- Alums and Friends of ECST Step Up in 2020!
- Seniors Adapt to Capstone Projects During a Pandemic
- ECST Celebrates 2021 Engineering Week!
- Dean Emily Allen's Message - December 2020
- $2 Million Award from the NSF Tops the List of New ECST Grants
- Nearly 80% of Students Failed a Mid-Term. Something Had to Be Done.
- Cal State LA Fire Service Veterans Can’t Curb Their Enthusiasm
- Why Did You Choose Cal State LA? Three ECST Students Answer the Question
- Virtual Events: Our Format May Have Changed, But Enthusiasm Remains High!
- California State Cadet takes break from fighting forest fires to be commissioned
- Cal State LA students serve as firefighters, battle California wildfires
- Dean Emily Allen's Message - August 2020
- New Faculty: First Impressions
- ECST Students Made Remote Summer Internships Work
- ECST Graduate Hones Real-Worl Skills in Submarine Competition
- Congratulations to the ECST Class of 2020!
- Cal State LA Researchers Use Data Visualization, AI in fight against COVID-19
- Engineering the Anthropocene
- Cal State LA's engineering program in the College of ECST remains one of the top 10 in the nation among public, master’s awarding institutions
- Cal State LA opens the Sikand SITI Center, hosts symposium on urban sustainability
- SWE Magazine Feature: Women Engineering Leaders in Academe 2019
- Cal State LA receives $525,000 grant from the Weingart Foundation
- Baja SAE Tournament
- Cal State LA wins statewide award for hydrogen fuel cell vehicle program
- Commentary: Community college, janitorial job got me on track to doctorate
- Cal State LA technology professor named a Fulbright Distinguished Chair in Alternative Energy Technology
- Graduating Cal State LA engineering student dedicated to serving community
- Graduating Cal State LA student uses computer science for innovation in robotics
- Cal State LA's ECST college hosts their annual capstone expo, displaying sponsored student projects
- XSEDE Teams with Cal State for Advanced Computing Training
- ASI and ECST hold "An Evening with Dr. Sengupta"
- Cal State LA receives Keck Foundation grant for Innovation and Design Center
- When the Engineer Met the Virtuoso
- How to Fight Hackers With Quantum Communication
- Cal State LA receives $525,000 grant from the Weingart Foundation
- NASA-funded program lifts off some students' careers
- Hassan Hashemian receives Administration's Public Service Award
- ECST receives $100,000 grant from SoCalGas
- Deborah Won is appointed to the CSUPERB Faculty Consensus Group
- Women's Council & Awards 2018: Finalist - Emily Allen
- Cal State LA awarded NSF grant to support students earning degrees in engineering and computer science
- L.A. County taps talent of Cal State LA technology students
- Computer science students are helping California's largest county government save time and trees through the use of affordable technology
- Cal State LA student receives $10,000 U.S. Navy STEM Scholarship
- Mohammad Pourhomayoun and his data science research team join L.A.'s VisionZero project
- Emily Allen is presented the 2017 Claire L. Felbinger Award for Diversity
- Cal State LA receives federal grant to diversify the STEM workforce
- Cal State LA receives research grant from NATO's Science for Peace and Security Program
- Curt Castagna moderates a panel discussion at the 89th Annual American Association of Airport Executives, Inc. Conference & Exposition
- Cal State LA team won first place at SourceAmerica Design Challenge
- Collaborating to meet industry challenges
- Sparking student interest in Naval STEM careers
- Jane Dong is the recipient of a HERS leadership fellowship
- Richard Roberto and Dan Roberto volunteer at the 2016 American Solar Challenge/ Formula Sun Grand Prix
- Tona Rodriguez-Nikl is the recipient of the Sikand Faculty Endowment for Research in Urban Sustainability
- W&WD Announces WWEMA Scholarship Winner
- Students create innovative prototypes at Cal State LA BioHack
- Mark Tufenkjian receives Outstanding Professor Award
- West Los Angeles teen computer whiz to graduate from Cal State LA
- Cal State L.A. students engineer tech solutions for real-world problems
- Nancy Warter-Perez will lead engineering students in developing cooperative robotics as part of NASA Swarmathon Physical Competition
- Paul Liu receives Northrop Grumman Corporation's 2015 World Class Team Special Recognition Award
- Cal State LA Team Named Finalist in Engineering Contest
- Cal State LA BMES Places in Top Five at Makeathon 2016
- Cal State LA Civil Engineering at ASWC 2016 (Photos)
- Cal State L.A. to boost student success through NSF-funded program
- Cal State L.A. receives more than $1 million in STEM research grants
- #WomenExcel: Two sisters start a new chapter at AECOM
- This 'feminist Barbie' comes with an inspiring lesson for young girls
- Cal State L.A. students win national engineering competition
- Civil Engineering Students Present their Southern California Regional Interconnector Project
- EcoCAR 3 team receives $100,000 from South Coast Air Quality Management District
- Cal State L.A. receives $5-million NASA grant for research
- Cal State L.A.'s Westec Team Win Third Place
- Cal State L.A. Forensic Science Symposium
- B.E.S.T. Professional Networking Mixer
- Cal State L.A. Participates in the Burbank Bob Hope Airport Emergency Drill
- Mechanical engineering major Angela Wu was recently presented a Phi Kappa Phi Travel Award for her research on improving the design of heat exchangers to make them more energy efficient and environmentally sound
- ECST Preview Day 2015
- Cal State L.A. receives $1 million Sikand Foundation gift to support faculty research in urban sustainability
- Cal State L.A.’s GeoTech Team will be competing this week in the national GeoChallenge competition in San Antonio, Texas
- 2015 AT&T Developer Summit Hackathon
- 10 California State University, Los Angeles MESA students honed their leadership skills
- California State University, Los Angeles was the first in California (CA) to sell Hydrogen (H2) by the kilogram!
- Industrial Designers Are Essential To L.A.’s Business Community
- ECST Welcome Back BBQ 2014
- ECST Boeing Day & Open House 2014
- Student Orientation 2014
- STEP Award Ceremony 2014
A publication of the Cal State LA, College of Engineering, Science, and Technology
Read how ECST students, faculty, and alumni are leading change and movement in a rapidly shifting landscape.