The Integrated BS/MS program in Computer Science provides an accelerated route for academically excellent upper-division students in the BS degree program to complete the MS degree program while simultaneously completing the BS requirements. The main objectives of the program are:
- To provide an accelerated route to a graduate degree, with simultaneous awarding of both bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
- To provide a seamless process whereby a limited number of students can progress from undergraduate to graduate status.
- Simplified application process
- BS and MS coursework can be taken concurrently
- Maximum of 9 shared elective units between BS and MS programs. Shared units are to be completed after
University admission into the Integrated Program.
- Access to graduate student facilities
- TA appointments (if available)
- Scheduling flexibility provided by the program enables students to complete the BS and MS degrees efficiently.
Admission to the Integrated BS/MS Program
The eligibility requirements for admission to the Integrated BS/MS program are:
- Students must have completed a minimum of 80 semester units of undergraduate coursework for a BS in Computer Science.
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.5 in the last 60 semester units.
- Students must have completed all of the required CS 3000-level courses in the BS degree program with a grade of B+ or higher.
- Students must have completed the Graduation Writing Assessment Requirement (GWAR).
Students are selected by a faculty committee based on prior academic performance and a letter of recommendation. Applications must be submitted one semester in advance of the desired starting semester. To apply, please contact the Graduate Advisor in the Department of Computer Science.