Integrated Master's and Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
The Integrated BS/MS program in Computer Science provides an accelerated route for academically excellent upper-division students in the BS degree program to complete the MS degree program while simultaneously completing the BS requirements. The main objectives of the program are:
- To provide an accelerated route to a graduate degree, with simultaneous awarding of both bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
- To provide a seamless process whereby a limited number of students can progress from undergraduate to graduate status.
- Simplified application process
- BS and MS coursework can be taken concurrently
- Maximum of 9 shared elective units between BS and MS programs. Shared units are to be completed after
University admission into the Integrated Program.
- Access to graduate student facilities
- TA appointments (if available)
- Scheduling flexibility provided by the program enables students to complete the BS and MS degrees efficiently.
Admission to the Integrated BS/MS Program
The eligibility requirements for admission to the Integrated BS/MS program are:
- Students must have completed a minimum of 80 semester units of undergraduate coursework for a BS in Computer Science.
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 semester units.
- Students must have completed all of the required CS 3000-level courses in the BS degree program with an average of 3.0 in these courses.
- Students must have completed the Graduation Writing Assessment Requirement (GWAR).
* Students must have completed all the GE requirements that are not met in major.
Students are selected by a faculty committee based on prior academic performance and a letter of recommendation.
To apply, please complete the integrated BS/MS application form and submit it to the Graduate Advisor of the Department of Computer Science. Applications must be submitted during the graduate program application period. The graduate coordinator will contact you for next steps.