ME 4971 (Senior Mechanical Engineering Design) Pre-Enrollment Form
In order to issue permits for senior design, we need to confirm that all students have met or are planning to meet the prerequisite and co-requisite course requirements. Students must have completed all prerequisites (ME 3000, ME 3010, ME 3210, and ME 3230) prior to the beginning of Fall 2023. If you took the prerequisites in Fall of 2017 or later, you must have earned a grade of C or better. There are also four co-requisites (ME 3040, ME 3270, ME 3800, and ME 4061 (was ME 3060), which must be taken at the same time as senior design (ME 4971) or during an earlier term. To take a co-requisite along with ME 4971, you must have completed all prerequisites for the co-requisite courses.
- All information provided will be verified.
- If you do not receive a C or better in a planned course, permits will be withdrawn, and students will be disenrolled.
- If you are uncertain whether you met the prerequisites, please see and Advisor (Dr. Santner, Dr. Bachman, Dr. Kuo, or Dr. Medina).
- If you have an Incomplete for one of the prerequisites, please resolve before you apply.
- If you are taking a prerequisite/co-requisite course at a different institution a permit will not be issued until the Department receives a copy of your unofficial transcripts that shows a passing grade.
- If you or enrolled in a prerequisite/ co-requisite course(s) at CSULA, a permit will not be issued until your passing grade is posted on GET.
Deadline: November 20, 2023