M.S. Industrial Management
The Master of Science degree in Industrial Management prepares students with backgrounds in engineering, business, manufacturing or related industries to gain management skills that help them in areas involving planning, problem solving, and decision-making. Students are able to tailor their program to fit their specific needs.
Admission to the Program
In addition to University requirements for admission to graduate study, applicants must have a baccalaureate of science or in a related field with combined course work and work experience acceptable to the department.
Requirements for the Degree (30 units)
A total of 30 units is required, with at least 18 in 5000-level courses.
Required Courses (18)
- TECH 5100 - Technology Forecasting and Assessment (3)
- MGMT 5106 - Employee Motivation and Work Behavior (3)
- MGMT 5501 - Project Management (3)
- TECH 5510 - Product Conceptualization and Realization (3)
- TECH 5520 - Six Sigma for Manufacturing (3)
- TECH 5900 - Research Development for Technology Leadership (3)
Elective Courses (9 units)
Select 9 units from the following, and other 5000 and 4000 levels STEM courses are permitted upon approval from the M.S. Advisor:
- TECH 5530 - Manufacturing Decision Making (3)
- TECH 5540 - Manufacturing Production Control (3)
- TECH 5550 - Quality Assurance and Root Cause Analysis (3)
- TECH 5560 – International Standard Organization 9001 Quality Management System (3) (Starting Fall 2021)
- TECH 4600 - Advanced Manufacturing Processes (3)
- TECH 4620 - Digital Manufacturing (3)
- TECH 4660 - Additive Manufacturing (3)
- TECH 4670 - Emerging Manufacturing Technologies (3)
Comprehensive Examination or Thesis (3 units)
Select either thesis, project, or take the comprehensive examination. Students who select comprehensive examination should take the examination during the last week of the semester they complete all courses in their study plan and take additional 3 units from any of the advanced technical specialization to complete the 30-unit degree requirements.
- TECH 5960 - Comprehensive Examination (0)
- TECH 5990 - Thesis (1-3)
- TECH 5995 - Project (1-3)