The Division of Special Education and Counseling at California State University, Los Angeles offers graduate programs of study leading to a variety of undergraduate/graduate degrees, credentials and certificates/added authorizations.
Preparation is offered for teachers, counselors, school psychologists and specialists in special education, counseling, rehabilitation, and related services. A doctoral program in Special Education is offered jointly with UCLA for those seeking preparation to teach at the university level and to serve in other leadership roles. In addition to on-campus preparation programs, a number of special education, school counseling and school psychology internship programs are available through cooperative programs jointly implemented by many school districts and the division.
- Special Education program provides both a Master of Arts degree with 11 options.
- Doctor of Philosophy degree
- Counseling program provides a Master of Science degree with four different options: Applied Behavior Analysis, School-Based Family Counseling, School Psychology and Rehabilitation Counseling.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Rehabilitation Services prepares students to pursue graduate work in a variety of counseling specialties.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Urban Learning; with requirements for the Education Specialist (Special Education) internship teaching credential.
Federally funded traineeships are available in some areas of study. In addition, many scholarships are provided through the Division of Special Education and Counseling and the College of Education.
Consider the Possibilities - - You Can Make a Difference
Monday | 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Tuesday | 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Wednesday | 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Thursday | 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Friday | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM