Professional Resources In Education
Find your Dream Job in Education
Welcome to the College of Education Professional Resources Page! The mission of the COE is to prepare exceptional caring professionals and educational leaders that are committed to inclusivity, student success, and the value of all individuals in our communities. Following that mission, we hope that the articles and jobs posted below serve as a resource to guide you toward a successful and meaningful career.
The resources listed are from regional employers in the field of education and counseling. Please check back often as online resources, articles, and events will be updated on a regular basis.
- Resources, Articles, Videos, Scholarships
- Events & Workshops
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Professional Resources
Cal State LA Career Resources
Have you been to the Cal State LA Career Development Center?
As a current student or as alumni, the Career Development Center can help you with one-on-one counseling, resume workshops, mock interviews, researching occupations, job hunting, and much more!
The mission of the Career Development Center is to empower students to make enlightened career decisions throughout the lifespan; connect them with employers; and provide skills to successfully obtain employment in a rapidly changing, complex, and competitive world.
Phone: (323) 343-3237
Email: [email protected]
Building SEL Through the Arts
FREE Online Sessions for Elementary Teachers and Teachers to Be!
- TK - 2nd Grade
- Wednesday, June 8, 2022
- 3:30pm - 5:30pm
- 3rd - 5th Grade
- Wednesday, June 15, 2022
- 3:30pm - 5:30pm
Learn Strategies to integrate Social Emotional Learning through a series of art inspired lessons that lead students to practice self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision-making. These sessions are designed for educators that currently teach or will teach TK-5th grades.
To register for a session, click on the following registration link:
Get Ready for the RICA! (MORE WORKSHOPS ADDED)
Test Prep Workshops!
Ready for the RICA! Test Prep Workshops are designed to provide participants with a review of the literacy domains and key concepts assessed on the RICA exam. Participants will have the opportunity to review case studies, as well as learn key strategies and insights on how to best prepare for the exam.
Cost: Free! Materials will be provided
Click this link to Register for the RICA Test Prep Workshops!
- Tuesday, June 7, 2022 - 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Subtests I & II: Word Analysis and Fluency; Vocabulary, Academic Language, and Background Knowledge; Comprehension
- Tuesday, June 14, 2022 - 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Subtests III: Vocabulary, Academic Language, and Background Knowledge
Location: Montebello Unified School District, 123 S. Montebello Blvd, Montebello, CA 90640
For more information, contact the Montebello Teacher Induction Program at (323) 887-7900 or via email at [email protected]
Are You Interested in Becoming a Bilingual Teacher?
Add a bilingual authorization to your credential
Bilingual Programs at Cal State LA
- Foster Cultural and linguistic relevance in P-12 classrooms
- Promote bilingualism in the community
- Courses count towards the MA in Education (Bilingual Option)
- Increase your chances of getting hired
To learn about the requirements and view an info session on the bilingual authorization at Cal State LA, please visit Bilingual Programs at Cal State LA Flyer.
National Council of Jewish Women Los Angeles (NCJW|LA) Scholarships
NCJW|LA is committed to advancing economic justice and equity for women and their families through the scholarship program because they know that the more education households have, the less economic struggles they face.
They have a wide range of scholarships available, including:
- The Sherman & Frances L. Teller Teaching Credential Scholarship (Award Amount $2000)
- Richard V. Hotson, Jr. and Stephen L. Teller Scholarship for LGBTQ+ Students (Award Amount $1000)
- and many more!
For more information about these scholarships and to apply, please visit https://www.ncjwla.org/apply/
Teacher Certification Test Prep with Study.Com
Get the resources you need to pass your certification exams! As part of this special offer, Study.com is including its teacher plan with the Test and Teach bundle, created to help you pass your exams and get the tools needed to be successful in the classroom. This offer includes unlimited access to Study.com’s proven test prep resources (Praxis, CBEST, CSET, TExES, FTCE + many more) and to Study.com’s learning academy with share over 84,000 lessons and 4,500 courses. A seamless integration with Google Classroom and Canvas makes this package a huge time saver.
If you are interested in Study.Com please check out their flyer at Teacher Certification Test Prep flyer and check out their webpage at https://study.com/cset-cbest/index.html
LAUSD Application Tips
Are you applying for a teaching position with Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD)? It is important to remember that submitting an application that is complete with all requested documents displays professionalism and prevents any unnecessary application delays.
LAUSD has shared the following Pre-Application Tip Sheet to better assist applicants. We encourage you to check out the Pre-Application Tip Sheet before submitting your application.
- How to Write a Resume for a Teaching Position (with Tips and Examples) - Indeed, March 2, 2021
- 50 Teacher Interview Questions and Answers - Indeed, March 29, 2021
- Jobs for New Teachers: What the Market Looks Like Right Now- Education Week, April 7, 2021
- California Teachers and COVID-19: How the Pandemic is Impacting the Teacher Workforce - Learning Policy Institute, March 4, 2021
- Preparing to Stand Out in the Virtual Educator Job Search- Get Selected, February 2, 2021
- Want to Be a Principal? How to Prove You're Right for the Job - Education Week, February 26, 2021
- Four Steps to a Polished Teaching Portfolio - Get Selected, December 9, 2020
- The Teacher Job Search: Resources to Land Your Next Role - Get Selected, April 6, 2020
- How to Prepare for Your Upcoming Virtual (Video) School Interview - Get Selected, March 16, 2020 (e-book available)
- 6 Things Principals Look for When They Hire Teachers - Education Week, July 30, 2019
- Finding your Dream Job: Interview Techniques and Resume Writing (1h 57min)- Linkedin Learning, February 2020
- Writing a Resume (2h 27min) - Linkedin Learning, September 2020
Events & Workshops
Los Angeles County Office of Education | Head Start and Early Learning Division Job Fair
Open Positions in These Fields:
- Administrative/Clerical Staff
- Human Resources
- Family Service Workers
- Health Services
- Preschool Teachers and more!
Date: Wednesday, June 29, 2022
Time: 10:00am - 12:00pm
Location: 10100 Pioneer Blvd, Santa Fe Springs, Ca 90670
Register Now! Complete our registration form: https://forms.office.com/r/26Y2vL2CxC
Mentor Youth Affected by Opioids (MYABO)
Volunteer Mentor Opportunities
MYABO program will connect mentors with youth 17 or younger who are using opioids and/or who are impacted by family members who use opioids, with a focus in youth in foster care, youth who are homeless, and youth who are victims of human trafficking. The overall goal is to connect trained and screened mentors with youth who have been impacted by the opioid crisis. Mentors will provide youth with the caring adult influence that research has shown to increase their positive social development, while reducing the likelihood that they will participate in negative behaviors.
- Individualized goal-oriented case management
- 1:1 mentorship support (1 year)
- Youth development activities
- Monetary support incentives
- Professional development
- Ages 12-17
- 1 year commitment
- Adhere to program policies and procedures
- Affected by opioid addiction
- Age 21+
- 1 year program commitment
- Mentor Training Provided
- Follow program and procedures
- Be dependable, consistent, & supportive
- Respect individuals and cultural differences
- Letters of Recommendation
- Case management volunteer experience
- Monthly Gift Card Raffles
Location: 3725 Tweedy Blvd, South Gate, CA 90280
To apply to be a Mentor please contact Alexis Reyes, Mentor Coordinator, [email protected]