- Purpose: Learn how different engineering and computing tools work together to make the world a better place.
- Theme: Conduct environmental research using robotics and data science.
- Activities: Use robots to collect air or water quality data and use Python to analyze the data.
- Engineering disciplines: Civil Engineering, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Computer Science
- Civil Engineering: atmosphere and hydrologic research
- Mechanical and Electrical Engineering: robotics design and control
- Computer Science: data science and machine learning
- Demonstrate how to sample air or water data
- List the required data for evaluating air or water quality
- Conduct simple simulations on air or water quality
- Program a robot to navigate
- Use a computer or smart phone to control robots
- Perform basic Python programming
- Solve a simple data analysis problem using Python
- Differentiate between engineering disciplines in the ECST college
- Share what they learned from visiting engineering speakers
- Envision themselves as engineering/computer science students and professionals!