Stories and Press
Are you hungry for more captivating stories? Delve into our collection of thought-provoking narratives, emotional journeys, inspiring tales, and mentions in the media.
A&L Newsroom, November 2023 – “Zen Psychosis: Anatomy of a Dream” by Osceola Refetoff, words by Shana Nys Dambrot
- The Zen Psychosis: Anatomy of a Dream exhibition unveiled in the Ronald H. Silverman Fine Arts Gallery. Artist Osceola Refetoff’s photography, film, object sculpture, and literature based on the 2020 novel, Zen Psychosis with words by Shana Nys Dambro are on full display for Golden Eagles to enjoy.
A&L Newsroom, October 2023 – Cal State LA's premiere event, EagleCon celebrates 10th Anniversary Convention
- It’s clear to see that throughout EagleCon’s 10th Year Anniversary Convention, the intentional balance of excitement, career enrichment and scholarly insight was centered in each panel offering...
A&L Newsroom, September 2023 – WGSS Faculty and Students discuss the film Barbie.
- Faculty and students in the Department of WGSS discuss “hot takes” on patriarchy, intersectionality, and share individual perspectives of feminism represented in the film “Barbie”.
A&L Newsroom, September 2023 – Kim Abeles' Artistry in Environmentalism and Human Experience on view at the Ronald H. Silverman Gallery at Cal State LA
- Encompassing messages on environmentalism, social issues, and civic engagement, Kim Abele's work has spanned over decades. Her work has been showcased in the New York Times, The Getty Museum and now, The Ronald H. Silverman Fine Arts Gallery at Cal State LA.
A&L Newsroom, September 2023 – Championing Latinx Student Success: Cal State LA's Department of English Making Waves in Higher Education
- Amid a wave of educational innovation, Cal State LA's Department of English emerges as a beacon for Latins student success, earning recognition from Excelencia in Education's 'Programs to Watch' initiative.
EdSource, August 2023 – "Earning bachelor’s degrees behind bars on the rise in California"
- EdSource covers Cal State LA's Impact on empowering change from within. Highlighted is the Communication Studies BA program as part of the Prison Graduation Initiative at the Los Angeles County Prison in Lancaster.
A&L Newsroom, August 2023 – Cal State LA, College of Arts and Letters Journalists Shine at L.A. Press Club Awards
- In a resounding testament to the prowess of its journalism program, the College of Arts and Letters at Cal State LA stands with pride as two of its exceptional student journalists and Associate Chair are awarded at the esteemed L.A. Press Club Awards.
Metro Art Los Angeles, August 2023 – Allegorical Portal to the City Within a City
- Assistant Professor of Art, Phung Huynh's current project. A public art commission for Metro station Century City/Constellation Station.
LA Weekly July, 2023 – Meet Deep Dive Artist C Fodreanu
- Step into the captivating realm of Deep Dive Artistry with C. Fodoreanu, a true maestro of creativity who's exhibition Ode to the Lake Sacalaia is on view at the ronald H. Silverman Gallery.
The Hollywood Reporter, August 2023 – L.A. and New York Film Schools That Fly Under the Radar
HereIn, July 2023 – On C Fodoreanu's “Ode to the Lake Sacalaia”
AL Newsroom, July 2023 – Celebrating the Achievements of Maggie Pour: An Emerging Talent in TV, Film, and Media
The New York Times, June 2023 – Can a Dance Class Free Men’s Bodies in a Place Meant to Contain Them?
Cal State LA Newsroom, June 2023 – Cal State LA guitar ensemble to perform in Armenia for United Nations World Refugee Day
Student Led Media
The University Times has been the official newspaper for California State University, Los Angeles since 1948 and remains as one of the most influential sources at Cal State LA because of the collective hard work from both student and faculty staff.