Arts & Letters Advising Center
Welcome to the College of Arts & Letters Academic Advisement Center! We provide academic advising to current Cal State LA undergraduate students majoring, minoring, or pursuing a certificate program in the College of Arts & Letters. Our advisors also meet with Cal State LA undergraduate students interested in declaring or exploring a program in the College.
To provide professional advising services that include degree panning, graduation checks, class schedule confirmation, major and minor declaration, addressing academic concerns, answering questions about university policies and procedures, and directing students to university resources.
To motivate and sustain the academic goals of all students in the College of Arts & Letters by creating an accepting and inclusive advising experience.
Connect With Us
Appointment Scheduling Steps
- Click here.
- Login with MyCalStateLA username and password
- Click the blue "Get Assistance" icon
- Select type of appointment - Advising
- Select service category - Under Academic Advising
- Select a date
- Click the blue "Find Available Time" icon
- Select desired appointment time in College of Arts and Letters
- Continuing Cal State LA students may schedule either virtual or in-person appointments.
- After scheduling a virtual appointment, the Zoom link that will be used for the appointment will be sent to the student's campus email address.
- Students may schedule a maximum of two 30-minute appointments per term.
- Advising appointments are available for students who are pursuing or are interested in pursuing a major, minor, or certificate program in the College of Arts and Letters. Students who would like to request advising for a program outside of the College of Arts and Letters should schedule an appointment with the corresponding advisement office.
- Continuing Cal State LA students may schedule a 30-minute advising appointment by clicking on the Student Success Collaborative icon above, or by clicking here.
|Friday, 5/13||2:30 pm - 4:15 pm|
|Monday, 5/16||2:30 pm - 4:15 pm|
|Tuesday, 5/17||9:30 am - 11:15 am|
|Wednesday, 5/18||2:30 pm - 4:15 pm|
|Thursday, 5/19||9:30 am - 11:15 am|
|Friday, 5/20||2:30 pm - 4:15 pm|
- 15-minute drop-in advising sessions are available to Cal State LA students via the Zoom Virtual Front Desk.
- Students requesting a class schedule check must have a schedule loaded in the GET Shopping Cart prior to meeting with an advisor.
- Drop-ins are available for class schedule checks, major and minor changes within the College of Arts and Letters, and certain deadline-specific matters.
- Students should not rely solely on drop-ins for advising. Drop-ins are meant to resolve quick matters. It is recommended that students schedule a 30-minute session at least once per academic year.
- Please check the weekly drop-in schedule above for availability. The schedule is updated regularly.
- Students can use the link or phone number below to access the Zoom waiting room. Students will be admitted one by one and placed with an academic advisor, if appropriate.