Cal State LA’s College of Engineering, Computer Science, and Technology (ECST) invites partners to join the ECST Capstone Senior Design Program to establish relationships with talented, bright and motivated students, and to help build the next generation technical workforce in our community.
- Solves a specific need or technical problem for the company
- Can be completed on-campus without highly specialized materials or equipment
- Is appropriate for a team of 4-6 students
- Focuses on one or more engineering disciplines
- Not classified or highly proprietary. If required, students/faculty will sign a nondisclosure agreement. Students should be able to publicly present their work with the mutual agreement of the company.
Mechanical and Electrical Engineering projects should involve design, modeling and analytical prototyping.
Computer Science projects may be purely software oriented or require two or more disciplines.
Civil Engineering projects should involve large-scale civil infrastructure suitable for a large team of students.
Working With ECST
To help ensure a successful project, ECST will contribute a student team with 4-6 students focused on the project and a faculty member who will oversee and coach the student team
We ask you to provide an Executive Sponsor and/or a Technical Liaison:
The Executive Sponsor is responsible for ensuring that corporate commitment and funding is delivered on time and that an appropriate Project Technical Liaison is assigned.
The Project Technical Liaison is knowledgeable about the technology and committed to the success of the student team, providing 1-2 hours per week for meetings/teleconferencing.
Funding can be arranged as either a philanthropic grant (preferred) a contract, or via an ECST Affiliate Agreement; these mechanisms have differing overhead costs.
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION
Michael Thorburn | [email protected]
Director, Capstone Senior Design Program
College of Engineering, Computer Science & Technology
Cal State LA