Arts & Letters Advisement Center
Welcome to the College of Arts & Letters Academic Advisement Center! We provide academic advising to current Cal State LA undergraduate students majoring, minoring, or pursuing a certificate program in the College of Arts & Letters. Our advisors also meet with Cal State LA undergraduate students interested in declaring or exploring a program in the College.
To provide professional advising services that include degree panning, graduation checks, class schedule confirmation, major and minor declaration, addressing academic concerns, answering questions about university policies and procedures, and directing students to university resources.
To motivate and sustain the academic goals of all students in the College of Arts & Letters by creating an accepting and inclusive advising experience.
Connect With Us
Schedule Appointment (30-Minutes)
Appointment Scheduling Steps
- Visit Navigate LA Appointment Scheduling
- Login with MyCalStateLA username and password
- Click the blue "Get Assistance" box in the right-hand corner
- Select type of appointment - Undergraduate Advising
- Select type of service
- Select a date
- Click the blue "Find Available Time" box
- Select desired appointment time in the College of Arts and Letters
- Review appointment details and confirm!
Additional Appointment Information
- Students must schedule appointments 24 hours in advance of their selected date. For same-day assistance, please visit our virtual drop-in sessions.
- Continuing Cal State LA students have the option to schedule virtual or in-person appointments.
- Virtual appointments will be offered via Zoom. The Zoom link will be sent to the student's campus email address, please use the provided link to begin the virtual advising appointment.
- Students may schedule a maximum of two 30-minute appointments per term.
- Advising appointments are available to students who are pursuing or are interested in pursuing a major, minor, or certificate program in the College of Arts and Letters. Students who would like to request advising for a program outside of the College of Arts and Letters should schedule an appointment with the corresponding advising office.
|Monday 11/28||2:30 pm - 4:15 pm|
|Tuesday 11/29||9:30 am - 11:15 am|
|Wednesday 11/30||2:30 pm - 4:15 pm|
|Thursday 12/1||9:30 am - 11:15 am|
|Friday 12/2||2:30 pm - 4:15 pm|
|Monday 12/5||2:30 pm - 4:15 pm|
|Tuesday 12/6||9:30 am - 11:15 am|
- 15-minute drop-in advising sessions are available to Cal State LA students via the Zoom Virtual Front Desk or in person in MUS 209.
- Students requesting a class schedule check must have a schedule loaded in the GET Shopping Cart prior to meeting with an advisor.
- Drop-ins are available for class schedule checks, major and minor changes within the College of Arts & Letters, and certain deadline-specific matters.
- Students should not rely solely on drop-ins for advising. Drop-ins are meant to resolve quick matters. It is recommended that students schedule a 30-minute session at least once per academic year.
- Please check our weekly drop-in schedule above for availability. The schedule is updated regularly.
- Students can use the link or phone number below to access the Zoom waiting room. Students will be admitted one by one and placed in a breakout room with an academic advisor, if appropriate.
- To Dial-In: Call 1(669) 900-6833, Zoom Meeting I.D. 86851175725