Welcome to the College of Arts & Letters Academic Advisement Center homepage. Our Center provides academic advising to current Cal State LA undergraduate students who are majoring, minoring, or are pursuing a certificate program in the College of Arts & Letters. Our advisors also meet with Cal State LA undergraduate students who are interested in declaring or exploring a program in the College.
Our mission is to provide professional advising services that include degree planning, graduation checks, class schedule confirmation, major and minor declaration, addressing academic concerns, answering questions about university policies and procedures, and directing students to university resources.
Our vision is to motivate and sustain the academic goals of all students in the College of Arts and Letters by creating an accepting and inclusive advising experience.
Operating Hours (See below for virtual appointment and drop-in information)
|Monday - Thursday||8:00 am - 6:00 pm|
Campus Location: Music 209
- The Arts and Letters Advisement Center is currently offering both non-face-to-face advising (i.e. Zoom, email) and in-person appointments. In-person drop-ins are not available.
- First-semester freshmen and transfer students will receive an email invitation to meet one-on-one with an advisor during the Fall 2021 semester.
- Zoom drop-ins will be available throughout the Fall 2021 semester. Please check the drop-in hours below for our weekly Zoom drop-in schedule and the Zoom link that may be used to enter the waiting room.
- The best way to contact us, for now, is by email: [email protected]
Appointment Scheduling Steps
- Click here.
- Login with MyCalStateLA username and password
- Click the blue "Get Assistance" icon
- Select type of appointment - Advising
- Select service category - Under Academic Advising
- Select a date
- Click the blue "Find Available Time" icon
- Select desired appointment time in College of Arts and Letters
- Starting August 30, students may schedule either virtual or in-person appointments.
- After scheduling a virtual appointment, the Zoom link that will be used for the appointment will be sent to the student's campus email address.
- Students may schedule a maximum of two 30-minute appointments per term.
- Advising appointments are available for students who are pursuing or are interested in pursuing a major, minor, or certificate program in the College of Arts and Letters. Students who would like to request advising for a program outside of the College of Arts and Letters should schedule an appointment with the corresponding advisement office.
- Continuing Cal State LA students may schedule a 30-minute advising appointment by clicking on the Student Success Collaborative icon above, or by clicking here.
Virtual Drop-in Hours
|Friday, 9/24||2:30 pm - 4:15 pm|
|Monday, 9/27||Not available|
|Tuesday, 9/28||9:30 am - 11:15 am|
|Wednesday, 9/29||2:30 pm - 4:15 pm|
|Thursday, 9/30||9:30 am - 11:15 am|
|Friday, 10/1||2:30 pm - 4:15 pm|
- 15-minute drop-in advising sessions are available to Cal State LA students via the Zoom Virtual Front Desk.
- In-person drop-ins are unavailable until further notice.
- Students requesting a class schedule check must have a schedule loaded in the GET Shopping Cart prior to meeting with an advisor.
- Drop-ins are available for: Fall 2021 class schedule checks, major and minor changes within the College of Arts and Letters, and certain deadline-specific matters.
- Students should not rely solely on drop-ins for advising. Drop-ins are meant to resolve quick matters. It is recommended that students schedule a 30-minute session at least once per academic year.
- Please check the weekly drop-in schedule above for availability. The schedule is updated regularly.
- Students can use the link or phone number below to access the Zoom waiting room. Students will be admitted one by one and placed with an academic advisor, if appropriate.
Important Dates and Deadlines
Send quick questions and inquiries to: [email protected]