WellBeingU is a nationally recognized model for improving the inner and physical well-being of students by providing vital behavioral health services, resources, and basic needs.
Support your well-being
As you begin returning to campus while we continue to navigate the pandemic, learn about resources that can help provide mental health services, financial support, emergency housing, and more as you progress toward your degree. Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) provides confidential and non-judgmental help with your personal growth and psychological wellness.
Return to Campus
Find out everything you need to know to navigate life at Cal State LA as we begin to return to campus on the Student Return to Campus website.
Cal State LA is committed to providing assistance to students to help with in-person and remote learning, emergency housing, financial support, mental health services, and more. Our goal is for you to receive the services you need to support your overall well-being and achieve academic success.
- Emergency Housing and Financial Assistance
- Cal State LA Food Pantry
- University and Community Support Resources During COVID-19
- CalFresh Outreach Center
- Wi-Fi Hotspots and Laptop Loans
- Student Technology Resources
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
Find information about CAPS counseling, workshops, support groups, and referral services.
Immigration Resources and Support for Undocumented Students
The Glazer Family Dreamers Resource Center provides support including legal services and emergency funding.
Mental Health Emergencies and After-Hours Crises
- Emergencies: Call 911 for life-threatening emergencies. For non-life-threatening crises during or after office hours, please call CAPS at (323) 343-3300.
- After-Hours Crisis Hotline: Please call (323) 343-3300 to access after-hours phone support.
- Additional Resources
- 24-hour National Suicide Prevention Helpline at (800) 273-8255.
- Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health Access Center 24/7 Helpline at (800) 854-7771.
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741.
- SAMHSA Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator: A local mental health provider locator.
Managing Stress During COVID-19
- COVID-19: Coping with Stress – Los Angeles County
- COVID-19 Mental Health Resource Hub – PsychHub
- Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19 – CDC
- Mental Health and COVID-19 – Mental Health America
- COVID-19 Resource and Information Guide – National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Coping with COVID-19-related stress as a student – American Psychological Association
- Mental Health Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic – Active Minds
Do your part
Vaccination is our most powerful tool to protect the health and well-being of our community. Do your part and get vaccinated today.
Student Health Tips
Cal State LA student Alyssa encourages Golden Eagles to help bring an end to the pandemic by getting a COVID-19 vaccine.
To promote a welcoming and inclusive environment for learning, interaction, and engagement, President William A. Covino and First Lady Debbie Covino created the WellBeingU initiative in 2014, formerly known as Mind Matters. WellBeingU helps you navigate the demands of academic excellence, family responsibilities, and jobs.
Events and Programs
The WellBeingU Speaker Series has featured notable leaders and experts, including Homeboy Industries founder Father Greg Boyle, and Prajna Paramita Choudhury, a mindfulness meditation practitioner.
Mental Health First Aid
Nearly 1,000 faculty, staff, and students have been certified in Mental Health First Aid, learning skills necessary to identify and assist those in need of mental health resources.
Well-Being Wednesdays encourage a culture of compassion and caring with the help of WellBeingU ambassadors and Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) volunteers.
First Lady’s Blog
Dr. Debbie Covino
Get insights into topics and learn about techniques that can help improve your inner well-being, including practicing self-compassion and navigating anxiety.