The WellBeingU Champion award seeks to recognize students, faculty, and staff for their contributions toward creating a culture of well-being at Cal State LA. A WellBeingU Champion should exemplify successful integration of well-being into the framework of University life as a means of supporting student success. The WellBeingU Champions will receive a certificate of appreciation and a $500 gift.
Demonstrated Dedication to Well-Being
Examples of how exceptional and innovative dedication to the mental and physical well-being of others might be demonstrated include:
- Using innovative elements of classroom pedagogy that seek to reduce stress and anxiety and promote a receptive learning environment
- Extraordinary staff support focused on helping others feel welcome and well-informed
- Exemplary counseling and advising that has a transformative effect on student success
- Outstanding leadership and initiative to educate the campus community about wellness practices through student organizations
Learn more about previous WellBeingU Champions.
Students, faculty, and staff are strongly encouraged to apply and to nominate other members of the campus community using the form below whose approach to well-being could ultimately foster in others their own practice, whose expertise has educated others on the importance of mental and physical well-being, and whose dedication to well-being has contributed to the success of Cal State LA students and/or the wider University community.
Tell us why the nominee deserves recognition as a WellBeingU Champion. Please provide specific examples of how the nominee has demonstrated commitment and support for the mental and physical well-being of students, faculty, or staff using the below prompts, in addition to any other relevant information for the review committee to consider. (Minimum 350 words; 800 word limit)
- Explain how this individual demonstrates their knowledge of well-being approaches, values, and resources on campus.
- Discuss the methods through which this individual increases the awareness of well-being resources for the campus community.
- How does this individual integrate their knowledge and approaches to well-being into their work, leadership, or activities on campus?
- What sets this individual apart as a member of the Cal State LA community who is dedicated to campus well-being?
- Any other comments or information for the review committee to consider?
Letters of support for self-nominations: Individuals submitting self-nominations must submit a letter of support from faculty, staff, or students to be considered. One letter is required, two are preferred. Letters of support should address topics such as what sets the nominee apart as a member of the campus community who is dedicated to promoting well-being and the methods and approaches used. Letters should be uploaded to the submission form below or emailed to [email protected]. (Minimum 350 words; 800 word limit)
Submit completed applications by Friday, March 24. The WellBeingU Champion Selection Committee will review all applications and award recipients will be notified.
Please email [email protected] with any questions.