Dr. Erica Holmes
Dr. Erica Holmes discusses the impact of trauma and toxic stress caused by the pandemic and how people can experience subsequent growth and recovery. Find resources from the webinar presentation below.
- The 5-Minute Gratitude Journal: Give Thanks, Practice Positivity, Find Joy by Sophia Godkin
- Mindfulness: An Eight-Week Plan for Finding Peace in a Frantic World by Mark Williams and Danny Penman
- The Posttraumatic Growth Workbook: Coming Through Trauma Wiser, Stronger, and More Resilient by Richard G. Tedeschi and Bret A. Moore
- Everyday Gratitude: Inspiration for Living Life as a Gift
- Support Group Central: Curates support groups from other organizations, such as the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) and re:MIND. You can search for groups by topic. Most groups are free or have a small suggested donation, and you can sign up for email alerts about future meetings by topic, too.
- Grief Anonymous: Grief Anonymous is a grief support organization dedicated to assisting those grieving the loss of a loved one.
- Southern California Counseling Center: SCCC believes that mental health care is a right, not a privilege. Anyone who needs counseling should have it. SCCC provides affordable, sliding-scale counseling to people in need for as long as they need care.
Movies to Elicit Tears
- Life as a House (2001)
- Beaches (1988)
- Lion (2016)
- The Boy in the Striped Pajamas (2008)
- Stepmom (1998)
Dr. Portia Jackson Preston
Rev. Gregory J. Boyle
Prajna Paramita Choudhury
Students, faculty and staff gain insights on compassion, inner well-being and time management from engaging speakers
REVEREND GREGORY J. BOYLE, S.J.
Author, Tattoos on the Heart
ROBERT V. LEVINE, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology,
California State University, Fresno
L.A. Times Columnist; Author, The Soloist
VICE ADMIRAL VIVEK H. MURTHY, M.D., M.B.A.
U.S. Surgeon General
Author, Cracked, Not Broken: Surviving and Thriving After a Suicide Attempt