How to Apply (New Admits)
Welcome to Cal State LA! We are excited to have you join our residential community. We invite you to apply and complete the necessary steps promptly, as space is not guaranteed. Review the following to prepare prior to beginning your housing application.
Please note that county and state COVID-19 protocols are still in place. Learn more at Housing COVID-19 Safety.
- March 29, 2022: Housing Application for fall 2022 opens
- May 1, 2022: Last day to pay Enrollment Confirmation Deposit (ECD)
- May 23, 2022: Deadline for Initial Housing Payment for newly admitted students
- July 18, 2022: Last day to cancel without penalty
- July 22, 2022: TB Clearance Deadline
- July 22, 20222: Vaccination with Booster Upload Deadline
- July 29, 2022 (deadline extended): Housing Application Deadline for fall 2022 (students who submit their applications after the deadline may be placed on a waitlist)
- August 8, 2022: Housing Payment due in full
Still accepting applications
STEP 1: Pay Your $100 Enrollment Confirmation Deposit (ECD)
This applies to first-year and transfer students who have been admitted for fall 2022.
Two to three days after you pay the ECD, you will have access to the online housing application on the Housing Portal. Since you will not receive an email alert about this, we encourage you to log on to the portal daily to check for your access. For more information about the ECD, visit the Admissions website.
STEP 2: Complete Online Housing Application and License Agreement
The 2022-2023 Academic Year Housing License Agreement remains open at this time. You may complete and submit an application online if you are interested in living on-campus for the 2022-2023 Academic Year.
If you are interested in fall 2022, this application will open March 29, 2022.
To begin an application, you will create your student profile on the Housing Portal. The student profile is a list of questions that will help us identify roommate and/or housemate matches. Click the "Apply Now" link to begin this process.
STEP 3: Pay the $340 Initial Payment (No deferments or waivers)
While completing the online Housing Application, you will be redirected to CashNet. Submit the $340 initial payment and click the “Return to the Housing Application” to finish the application.
If you are unable to pay the fee on CashNet, you have the following options:
- Mail (Check or Money Order): Include on the check or money order your name, campus ID number (CIN#), and “22-23 Academic Year Housing Initial Payment.” Mail it to: Cal State LA, One Stop Financial Services, Student Services Building #2380, 5151 State University Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90032.
- Foreign Currency: Please go to Flywire to make your payment using a foreign debit or credit card, international wire transfer, or other local payment options from your home country. First-time users will be asked to create a Flywire user account.
STEP 4: Consent Form: Students Under 18 Years of Age
If you are under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must sign the Consent Form, and mail, email or fax it to Housing and Residence Life. You will be prompted for this and provided the form as part of the Housing License Agreement.
STEP 5: Tuberculosis (TB) Clearance
University policy requires that all residents provide proof that they are free of tuberculosis or not at high risk for tuberculosis each year. Please complete a Tuberculosis (TB) Screening questionnaire on the Student Health Center Patient Portal by July 22, 2022, and annually thereafter. To access the Patient Portal, log into MyCalStateLA and click the "Student Health Center Patient Portal" icon, Clearances/Forms and then TB Screening.
- Note: Most students who do the TB Screening Questionnaire (now online) do not have to take a TB skin test, negative chest x-ray, or negative QuantiFERON test. Only those students at higher risk of TB infection which includes travel to or living in South and Central America, Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, and the Middle East; prior positive TB test; or exposure to someone with active TB disease.
Starting in June, students who apply will have access to the Roommate Wizard where they can indicate or search for a roommate, or housemate, and designate building preferences.