Welcome to Cal State LA! We are excited to have you join our residential community. We invite you to apply and complete the necessary steps promptly, as space is not guaranteed. Review the following to prepare prior to beginning your housing application.
If you need some guidance when applying, we created this PDF for you to use with a step-by-step guide through the housing application.
- March 15, 2023: Housing Application for fall 2023 opens
- April 18 - June 30, 2023: Roommate Wizard Available - Opportunity to select roommate(s)
- May 1, 2023: Last day to pay Enrollment Confirmation Deposit (ECD)
- July 7, 2023: Room Selection closes (Apartments ONLY)
- July 28, 2023: Last day to cancel without penalty (New extended deadline)
- July 28, 2023: Meal Plan Change Request Deadline for fall 2023 (New extended deadline)
- August 9, 2023: Housing Application Priority Deadline for fall 2023 (students who submit their applications after the deadline will be placed on a waitlist and will receive their booking after August 21, 2023.)
- August 16, 2023: GEA students move in 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. with appointments
- August 17-18, 2023: South Village students under 21 move in 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. with appointments
- August 19, 2023: Phase I and II students 21 and over move in 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. with appointments
- August 25-Sepember 12, 2023: Room Change application opens. The relocation processing fee is $75. Room Change is not guaranteed.
- September 8, 2023: Fall Payment Deadline
- December 15, 2023: Payment Plan due in full
- December 18, 2023: Meal Plan Change Request Deadline for spring 2024
- February 9, 2024: Spring Payment Deadline
At this time, we aren't mandating any vaccinations but we will require students to follow federal and local health guidelines as applicable. We also will no longer be requiring TB clearance for students in housing.
This applies to first-year and transfer students who have been admitted for fall 2023.
Two to three days after you pay the ECD, you will have access to the online housing application on the Housing Portal. Since you will not receive an email alert about this, we encourage you to log on to the portal daily to check for your access. For more information about the ECD, visit the Admissions website.
The 2023-2024 Academic Year Housing License Agreement remains open at this time. You may complete and submit an application online if you are interested in living on-campus for the 2023-2024 Academic Year.
If you are interested in fall 2023, this application will open March 15, 2023.
To begin an application, you will create your student profile on the Housing Portal. The student profile is a list of questions that will help us identify roommate and/or housemate matches. Click the "Apply Now" link to begin this process.
While completing the online Housing Application, you will be redirected to Transact. Submit the $40 application fee and click the “Return to the Housing Application” to finish the application.
If you are unable to pay the fee on CashNet, you have the following options:
- Mail (Check or Money Order): Include on the check or money order your name, campus ID number (CIN#), and “23-24 Academic Year Housing Initial Payment.” Mail it to: Cal State LA, One Stop Financial Services, Student Services Building #2380, 5151 State University Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90032.
- Foreign Currency: Please go to Flywire to make your payment using a foreign debit or credit card, international wire transfer, or other local payment options from your home country. First-time users will be asked to create a Flywire user account.
If you are under the age of 18, please fill out your Consent Form, found in the Housing Portal under Housing Forms.