We welcome you and your summer conference to Cal State LA! Our housing facilities– including our new South Village Residence Halls – are ideal for summer camps, forums, retreats, conferences and workshops.
To promote the health and safety of residents, guests and staff, we will continue to follow COVID-19 safety guidelines set by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health.
South Village Residence Halls
Each residence hall room can accommodate up to three guests in a single, double or triple occupancy configuration (one bed per guest; triple occupancy includes a lofted set of beds). Each room includes:
- Beds size: twin extra-long
- Wardrobe with drawers
- Desk and chair
- Community restrooms and showers
- Two study lounges per floor
- One TV lounge per floor
- Public cooking facilities available in the Community Kitchen.
Apartments have two or four bedrooms. Guests may choose double occupancy (two people per bedroom) or single occupancy (one person per bedroom). Each bedroom is furnished with two of the following: extra-long twin beds, closets and desks.
- Two-bedroom apartments have one shared bathroom, and four-bedroom apartments have two shared bathrooms.
- Each apartment has a fully furnished living and dining room, as well as a storage room.
- Kitchens include a stove, microwave and a refrigerator. Apartments in Phase II have a dishwasher. (Cookware, plates, cups and utensils are not included.)
- Linens (sheets, blankets, pillows and towels) available upon request.
- Air conditioning
- Wireless internet
- Laundry facilities
- Ample on-site parking
- Fitness Rooms: spinning, yoga and meditation rooms
- Music Rooms
- Game Room: a pool table, Ping-Pong table and television
- Basketball court
- Sand volleyball court
- Several spacious open lawn areas for outdoor activities
Summer 2022 Rates
*based on the number of guests per room.
|Single (2 or 4-bedroom apt.)||$46.75/night|
|Double (2 or 4 bedroom apt.)||$40/night|
|Triple (2 bedroom apt.)||$33/night|
- Campus facilities, such as classroom meeting spaces and sports facilities may be available upon request for an additional fee.
- Housing facilities such as lounges, conference room and computer lab are available for an additional fee.
Food Service & Catering
Conference groups may request meal packages as part of their contract. Options include dining room access to the Village Café, catered meals or events or take-away meals.
Due to changing guidelines and policies related to COVID-19, these options may change. For information regarding other dining options on campus, please visit Food on Campus.
|Breakfast||$9.50 per day|
|Lunch||$9.50 per day|
|Dinner||$9.50 per day|
The University requires all vehicles to have a parking permit when parked on campus. Parking regulations are enforced 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Guests will need to purchase a temporary parking permit to park their vehicle on campus.
Conference guests may park in Lot 5. Day or overnight passes may be purchased for $8 a day with debit/credit card using the online parking phone app in Lot 5. Conference guests who stay at least eight nights may purchase a monthly parking pass for Lot 5 for $66.
Plan Your Event
Reservations for summer conferences begin as early as November of the previous year. Submit a request early as space can be limited.