Summer Housing Application
Current Cal State LA students are invited to participate in the Summer 2023 Housing Application Process to reserve their housing assignment for the upcoming summer. Please take a few minutes to fully read the information below to ensure you are eligible to participate in the Summer Application Process and to successfully secure your summer space.
SUMMER HOUSING OPTIONS
Varied options for lengths of stay are available for Summer 2023. Please keep in mind that the contract dates advertised below are the only options available therefore, if you choose to move out earlier or arrive later, your housing fees will NOT be prorated. Charges will reflect the term you selected when you submitted your Summer Housing Application and License Agreement. Note that some options are only offered to a select group of students.
May Intersession (3 weeks) *Available only for currently enrolled Cal State LA students residing in housing for the spring 2023 term
License Agreement begins Monday, May 20, 2023, and ends at 2 p.m. Saturday, June 10, 2023.
Summer Session A Only (6 weeks)
License Agreement begins Friday, May 30, 2023, and ends at 2 p.m. Tuesday, July 3, 2023.
Summer Session A & B (11 weeks)
License Agreement begins Friday, May 30, 2023, and ends at 2 p.m. Saturday, August 12, 2023.
Summer Session B Only (6 weeks)
License Agreement begins Friday, July 10, 2023, and ends at 2 p.m. Saturday, August 12, 2023.
|Occupancy||May Intercession May 20-June 10 3 Weeks||Session A Only May 30-July 3 6 Weeks||Sessions A & B May 30-Aug 12 11 weeks||Session B Only July 10-Aug 12 6 weeks|
*Schedule does not reflect Application Fee ($40.00 non-refundable) or Security Deposit ($100.00)
All students will be housed in the Apartments.
- June 1, 2023: May Intersession, Summer A Session and Summer A & B Session
- July 14, 2023: Summer B Session
Cancellation for any summer term is May 5, 2023, but is subject to change.
The Roommate Wizard for Summer Housing is currently open and closes May 7 at 11:59 p.m.
SUMMER HOUSING APPLICATION PROCESS HIGHLIGHTS
The information below details the Summer Housing Application Process:
- All continuing Cal State LA students are eligible to apply for Summer Housing with the exception of May Intersession which is available to returning residents only. A continuing Cal State LA student is someone who is enrolled full-time at Cal State LA for spring 2023.
- Summer assignments are determined by the Office of Housing and Residence Life. Room-selection will not be permitted in the summer process.
- The entire process is available online.
- The Summer 2023 Housing Application and License Agreement will open on April 24, 2023.
- Students will be required to submit a $40 application fee upfront along with the Summer 2023 Housing Application and License Agreement to participate in the Summer 2023 Housing Application Process.
- Medical Accommodation Request Process and deadlines are outlined in the FAQ section below.
- The Summer 2023 Housing License Agreement will include the break between spring and summer or the break in between summer and fall if you are contracting for May Intersession, Summer Session A (only), or Full Summer (Session A & B) occupancy, which have a start date of May 20, 2023. Session B (only) will not be allowed to stay for the break between spring and summer.
- Students will not be charged a program fee due to community events not occurring during the summer months.
SUMMER HOUSING ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Students who have completed the online Summer 2023 Housing Application and License Agreement and paid the $40 application fee, will receive a notification informing them of their status via their Cal State LA email.
If you have completed the online Summer 2023 Housing Application and License Agreement and satisfied the $40 application and have not received an email, please contact the Office of Housing and Residence Life and provide us with proof of payment and completion so that we may review your account.
The following conditions outline a student's ineligibility to participate in the Summer Housing Application Process.
- Has not submitted a complete online application and agreement.
- Has not satisfied the required $40 application payment.
- Has not been enrolled at Cal State LA for the entirety of the spring semester and will not be enrolled for the fall academic semester.
- Is not in good financial standing with the University. Outstanding balances or defaults of official payment plans established with the University Collections Office.
- Has conduct sanctions that have permanently restricted them from residing in University-managed properties.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
CAN I STAY OVER DURING THE BREAK BETWEEN SPRING AND SUMMER?
THE BREAKS BETWEEN SEMESTERS ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE HOUSING LICENSE AGREEMENTS UNLESS YOU SELECTED THE MAY INTERSESSION, SESSION A (ONLY), OR FULL SUMMER (SESSION A & B) WHEN COMPLETING YOUR SUMMER HOUSING LICENSE AGREEMENT.
Residents’ current 2022–2023 License Agreements expires on Saturday, May 20, 2023, at 2 p.m. All residents will be required to remove their belongings and check out by 2 p.m. on Saturday, May 20, 2023 unless the licensee is contracted for the Academic Year 2022-2023 term, Licensee will be able to stay in AY unit until May 25, 2023.
CAN I CHANGE MY SUMMER TERM SESSION?
Students wishing to change their stay from the May Intersession or Session B, may submit in writing a request to change their Agreement Summer Occupancy Term by May 10, 2023. The Office of Housing and Residence Life will review the request and notify the student if approved or denied. If the request is approved, students should be prepared to pay the price difference in the housing fees and be prepared to check out or check in according to the new Agreement start date.
Students should be aware that choosing to move out earlier or arrive after the start of their contract will NOT result in housing fee proration. Housing fees will reflect the agreement term dates you selected when completing your Summer Housing License Agreement.
WHEN ARE MY HOUSING FEES DUE?
Once a student has received a housing assignment confirmation, their summer 2023 housing fees will be posted to their student account. Summer fees (May intersession, Summer A only, Summer A & B are due by June 1, 2023; Summer B only, fees are due July 14, 2023.) You MUST review your housing bill in April/May and follow the payment dates outlined on your student account to avoid late fees. Late fees are applied monthly for past-due balances. All fees must be paid in full prior to a student’s arrival on campus.
WHAT IF I FAIL TO MEET THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA?
Students must meet the eligibility criteria throughout the entire Summer Housing Application Process. Any attempt to make the initial payment with an outstanding balance will not be reflected as an initial payment, instead, it will be applied to the outstanding balance. Housing and Residence Life reserves the right to cancel a student’s application and room reservation if the student defaults on payments, meeting sanctions, has a conduct issue or does not meet the enrollment eligibility criteria.
CAN I GET MY $40 APPLICATION/DEPOSIT PAYMENT BACK? WHAT IS THE CANCELLATION POLICY?
Students are responsible for submitting a written cancellation request to The Office of Housing and Residence Life no later than the official cancellation date. This date is set to accommodate the required 15-day notification process outlined in our Housing License Agreement. If approved for cancellation, all fees, with exception of the $40 (non-refundable) application fee, will be credited to the Licensee’s student account. Students who fail to complete a cancellation form by the deadline may incur a $50 cancellation fee. Students that submit their cancellation request with less than the required 15-day notification will be assessed a prorated room charge. Please read your Summer Housing License Agreement for full details.
WHAT IF I NEED TO REQUEST MEDICAL ACCOMMODATIONS FOR HOUSING?
The Office of Housing and Residence Life, in consultation with the Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD), is committed to assisting students who identify as “qualified individuals” with a documented disability find reasonable accommodations as determined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Fair Housing Act (FHA) policies and guidelines, on a case-by-case basis. If you are a “qualified individual” requiring a specific type of housing accommodation due to a medical condition or disability, please follow the appropriate steps to ensure your summer housing application participation with medical or disability considerations.
- If you do not have a 2022–2023 or 2023–2024 housing accommodation, recommendation on file with OSD, you must register with the Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD) by providing updated documentation about your condition and housing accommodation recommendations from your treating physician. For more information on the registration process, visit the OSD website or contact them at 323-343-3140 or [email protected].
- Students returning to housing who currently have an OSD-approved accommodation will not need to re-verify for the summer housing process. Recommendations submitted for the current or upcoming term will be taken into consideration.
- Despite your accommodation needs, you are required to meet all deadlines for the Summer Housing Application Process in order to be eligible for the summer housing application participation and placement.
- Your OSD registration process must be finalized no later than Wednesday, May 1.