Remediation and Accessibility Monitoring Process (RAMP)
Web accessibility requires ongoing attention; our RAMP process fosters collaboration across Cal State LA's web presence to maintain and improve overall accessibility.
- Administrative websites are monitored continually in our scanning tool; scanning categories reflect our website inventory classification.
- Email communication from the Web Accessibility Developer is sent monthly to the identified communication specialists. Also, there is an ITS Web Accessibility group for communication specialists to foster ongoing collaboration around accessibility best practices.
- Each semester, the web accessibility designee for each department or college (as identified in the website inventory classification) meets with the ITS web accessibility developer to review scan results of their website(s) and prioritize any identified accessibility issues.
- Based on the web accessibility issues revealed by our automated scan, the web accessibility designee and ITS web accessibility developer review identified issues and begin remediation.
- The ITS web accessibility developer and web accessibility designee will meet to review the most recent scan results to determine if the accessibility issues were successfully resolved.
- This process continues on an ongoing basis to maintain web accessibility and review content additions for adherence to accessibility standards in line with the Accessible Technology Initiative.
Communication Specialists assigned as accessibility liaisons can review their respective website automated scans in either SiteImprove or the ITS Web Accessibility Teams channel. If you require assistance with either of these resources, email [email protected].
Siteimprove is the university's official tool to monitor and scan the university website. Through these scans, accessibility issues are identified and remediated by university staff. These scans are usually only available to the communication specialist or accessibility contact for that specific department or office. To determine if your department is already being scanned, check the website inventory classification and contact your respective accessibility contact. For more information about the accessibility of your department's site, contact the ITS accessibility team at [email protected].
To spot-check the accessibility of a single webpage, we recommend the WebAIM WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool. The tool is freely available and easy to use and interpret results.
ITS conducts manual evaluations of high-priority websites annually. Also, manual evaluations are conducted by ITS prior to a significant change or improvement to our Drupal template. You can request that ITS conduct a manual evaluation of your website. We recommend that these evaluations occur either prior to a significant revision or after all automated accessibility issues are resolved.
To request a manual evaluation, email [email protected] and include the website URL for review.