Remediation and Accessibility Monitoring Process (RAMP)
ITS Accessibility continually monitors Cal State LA's web presence to maintain and improve overall accessibility.
- Our scanning tool monitors administrative websites; scanning categories reflect our website inventory classification.
- Each month, web accessibility liaisons receive an email with their latest scan results and a link to their web accessibility dashboard in our automated scanning tool.
- We encourage recipients of these reports to contact ITS Accessibility if they require assistance.
- A manual evaluation is conducted before launch for new web development or an overhaul/re-launch of an existing website.
- This process continues on an ongoing basis to maintain web accessibility and review content additions for adherence to accessibility standards in line with the Accessible Technology Initiative.
The university implements a variety of automated testing tools depending on the user and situation. For ongoing monitoring, we employ an enterprise-wide web accessibility scanning tool. Additionally, we have installed Editorially in the Drupal environment for all content editors. Finally, we promote the use of free resources for single-page scanning.
- Automated web accessibility scanning is continual, and a summary email is sent to designees monthly.
- Check our website inventory classification to determine if your department is already receiving monthly reports from our automated scanning.
- Utilize our Editoria11y Drupal plug-in to guide you whenever you are making changes to the content of your website
- To spot-check the accessibility of a single webpage, we recommend the WebAIM WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool.
For more information about the accessibility of your department's website or assistance with access to or use of our recommended web accessibility tools, contact the ITS accessibility team at [email protected].
- ITS Accessibility conducts manual evaluations of high-priority websites annually.
- ITS conducts manual evaluations before a significant change or improvement to our Drupal template.
- You can request that ITS conduct a manual evaluation of your website anytime. We recommend that these evaluations occur before a significant revision or after all automated accessibility issues are resolved.
- Vendor (non-Drupal) websites must be manually reviewed before launch. If you are working with a vendor to develop or maintain a Cal State LA-affiliated website, please email [email protected] and include the website URL you would like us to review.