Submission of the ICT Procurement Approval Request (ICT-PAR) form in ServiceNow is required for all IT purchases and renewals (except for ITC on the Pre-Approved list); submit an ICT-PAR at least 30 days before the necessary in-service or renewal date for your product.
We have created a video walkthrough and a step-by-step guide to assist end-users in completing the ICT-PAR in ServiceNow. The ICT-PAR is designed to be completed by the purchase request end-user.
Before submitting an ICT-PAR, you should:
- Recognize that accessibility is an essential requirement for your ICT product
- Ask the vendor about their product's accessibility conformance
- Ask the vendor for their latest VPAT or other accessibility conformance documentation and attach it to your request
- Point vendors unfamiliar with accessibility to our vendor requirements page
- Be prepared to find an alternative product if a vendor is unwilling to engage accessibility
ICT Form Video Walkthrough
ICT Form Pictorial Walkthrough
Submit the ServiceNow ICT Procurement Approval Request by logging into MyCalStateLA using your campus ID and password.
- In the left navigation, column, click on ServiceNow:
- In ServiceNow's left navigation column, click on Catalog:
- In the resulting menu, click on Accessibility.
- Click on ICT Procurement Approval Request.
- All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required fields. Your name will automatically be filled in on the first field. If you are completing the form for someone else, place their contact information as the requestor.
Note: Some fields are pull-downs, and answering "yes" will reveal a hidden field requiring additional information. Some fields (such as Department or ITC Name) are look-up.
- Fill in as much information about the vendor as you have. If a field is unknown, "unknown" is the answer. However, some contact information must be provided to avoid processing delays.
- Fill in as much information about the product as you have. If a field is unknown, "unknown" is the answer. The planned method of payment is either PO or PCard. UAS purchases are mostly POs; if so, provide the UAS purchase information in "More Information."
- Give the life cycle and terms and usage of this product. Attach the PO, quote, or invoice; these can be forwarded to Procurement later, but processing cannot commence without them.
- The impact is next. This section provides Accessibility, Security, and Infrastructure, an idea of the scope involved in purchasing the product.
- The infrastructure is next. Is the product compatible with the campus networks, operating systems, and other standards, as well as product installation and maintenance?
- Accessibility is next. Ask your vendor for their latest VPAT and attach it here.
- Information Security is last. Above "Indicate whether this product handles sensitive data" if answered yes will produce more fields to fill.
- Assuming everything is correct, click Submit Request. A new screen appears that confirms successful submission. If errors are present, such as incomplete required fields or incorrect input formatting, the form will not submit until you have addressed those errors.
Information Technology Consultants Only:
If the product handles sensitive data, additional tasks and IT Security documentation are required for completion by the ITC named in the request: