Accessible Technology Initiative (ATI)
The Accessible Technology Initiative (ATI) program reflects California State University's (CSU) ongoing commitment to ensuring access to information resources and technologies for individuals with disabilities.
The Accessible Technology Initiative's
- Vision: To create a culture of access for an inclusive learning and working environment.
- Mission: To help CSU campuses carry out EO1111 by developing guidelines, implementation strategies, tools, and resources.
- Principle: To apply universal design, an approach to designing products and services usable by the greatest number of people.
- Strategy: To stimulate collaboration to effect changes that will ultimately benefit all.
The CSU Accessibility Technology Initiative (ATI) addresses three priorities:
- Web Accessibility
- Instructional Materials Accessibility
- ICT Procurement Accessibility
CSU ATI Policy
This ATI commitment is articulated in Executive Order 1111 (EO1111), the CSU Board of Trustees Policy on Disability Support and Accommodations:
"It is the policy of the CSU to make information technology resources and services accessible to all CSU students, faculty, staff, and the general public regardless of disability."
The following Coded Memorandums guide ATI implementation: