Acquiring Accessible ICT
Information or Communication Technology (ICT) acquisitions must be acquired through the ICT Purchase Approval Process regardless of cost and funding method. This applies to all purchases, whether state, auxiliary, or other entities.
California Government Code 11135 requires the CSU to comply with Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended in 2015, and to apply the accessibility standards published by the U.S. Access Board for Information and Communication Technology (ICT) products and services that it buys, creates, uses and maintains. Section 508 was enacted to eliminate information technology barriers, make new opportunities available for people with disabilities, and encourage the development of technologies that will help achieve these goals.
The CSU must make a good-faith effort to purchase accessible ICT products and services. Our due diligence is achieved by adhering to the CSU ATI Accessible Procurement Framework, and before the acquisition or renewal of Information and Communication Technology, Cal State LA will:
- Engage vendors regarding their product's accessibility
- Review vendor accessibility conformance documentation
- Acknowledge accessibility barriers and significant accessibility barriers that inhibit the ICT product's core functions:
- Create Equally Effective Alternate Access Plans (EEAAPs) to address partially accessible ICT
If you have any questions regarding ICT purchases and accessibility, contact the ATI Program Manager:
- Leon McNaught, ATI Program Manager, [email protected], Extension 3-2750