Undergraduate Student Handbook- a resource information to students of Chemistry and Biochemistry.
Online General Catalog- for university policies, procedures, and requirements. Catalog sections include informationi related to general requirements for a bachelor's degree, general education, and major requirements.
Campus Academic Advisement Report (CAAR: Here's How)- students may view completed or not completed requirements.
Orientation Sessions- given to new students, freshmen and transfer students. See this powerpoint for the most recent orientation session.
Graduate Resource Center- for academic support, professional development, and community-building opportunities in a space dedicated for graduate students.
Graduate Student Research- grant funding opportunities, grant proposal process, and other student research resources.
GRC Workshops- culminating experience workshops, thesis formatting submission, preparing for the comprehensive exam, application workshops, and more.
JOB AND INTERNSHIP POSTINGS
- Cal State LA: Applying for Student Assistant Jobs on Campus
- Cal State LA Handshake: Apply for Jobs and Internships on and off campus
- Cal State LA Career Development Center
- National Science Foundation Research Experiences for Undergraduates (NSF REU)
HEALTH CAREERS ADVISEMENT OFFICE
- The Health Professions Center aims to provide resources and support to mobilize Cal State LA's student body to successfully enter health professions schools and go on to serve in communities.
AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY (ACS)
AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR BIOCHEMISTRY AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY (ASBMB)
CHEMICAL & ENGINEERING NEWS (C & EN) JOB ADS (JFK Library subcribes)
SCIENCE TEACHING- Once a student graduates with a B.S. in Chemistry or Biochemistry, additional training is needed to become a science teacher:
- Single Subject Teaching Credential Program
- Los Angeles Urban Teacher Residency (LAUTR) Pathway into Teaching
OTHER SCIENCE EDUCATOR ACADEMIC PROGRAMS:
- B.S. in Natural Sciences (integrated with Single Subject Credential)
- Subject Matter Waiver Program in Mathematics
- B.A. in Urban Learning (integrated with Multiple Subject Credential)
- M.A. in Education, Option in Integrated Stem Teaching
- CSU Math Science Teacher Initiative
SCIENCE EDUCATION RESEARCH
- A list of resources (books, journals, funding, and more) from the Chemical Education Research.
THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR has several resources for career exploration:
- O*Net Online Occupation Information
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Handbook
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Career Outlook
- Career OneStop
STATE OF CALIFORNIA OCCUPATIONAL GUIDES:
CHEMISTRY AND BIOCHEMISTRY CLUB INFORMATION
Roger Arliner Young (RAY) Diversity Fellowship- for graduating students interested in clearn energy.
For university forms (e.g., name change and other personal information forms, add drop, withdraw, repeat, and other enrollment forms, grading, transcripts, appeals, graduation application and worksheets, diplomas, and change graduation term), please visit University Registrar Forms.
For course overlap, course overload, and undergraduate travel support, please visit College of NSS Student Resources.
From technology loan programs, well-being resources, to basic needs assistance, the Dean of Students Resources for Essential Needs provides opportunities for students to engage in meaningful experiences that promote a sense of community and belonging on and off campus.
Financial Aid and Scholarships is dedicated to assisting current and prospective students pursue their education at Cal State L.A. by awarding scholarships, federal and state grants, and other aid to assist with educational costs. Find out about the different types of scholarship and aid and student employment programs available.