Cal State LA Handshake
With Handshake, you can apply for internships and jobs, register for the spring and fall career fairs and sign up for career events. It’s also great for networking with peers and employers.
If you have questions or are unsure about joining, contact us at [email protected] to connect with a career advisor.
Create an Account
Create an account using your @calstatela.edu email.
Faculty & Staff
Post Job Openings
- If you need an account to post Student Assistant job openings, email [email protected] to set one up. We will email you an invitation with a link to set up your profile.
- Use our Handshake Campus Employer Registration guide to set up your account.
- To view events and job posts, create an account using your @calstatela.edu email.
Complete Your Profile
A complete profile is key to a successful job search. Your profile lets employers know if you have the education and skills they're looking for. It tells Handshake the types of jobs and internships you want to see in your feed.
Keep your education and interests up to date:
- Major – Employers will search for students in certain majors.
- School Year – Some employers look for students in a specific school year (e.g., junior, senior, masters, alumni).
- GPA – Some industries require above a certain GPA.
- Job Type – Select internship, part-time job or full-time job. You can choose more than one.
- Location – Select cities where you would like to work, and Handshake will show you jobs in that area.
- Job Role – Choose at least three jobs you would like to explore (e.g., marketing associate or software engineer).
Make your profile public so recruiters can find you. If you would like help completing your profile, contact us at [email protected] to connect with a career advisor.
Connect with Your Community
Reviews – Find the best places to work according to your classmates. Compare opportunities across thousands of companies.
Q&A – Make the right career decisions with information from your classmates. Ask the community career-related questions.
Peer messaging – Ask real students real questions. Tap into a network of experienced students and alumni to get relevant advice on your career journey.
Get the App
Download the Handshake app from the App Store or Google Play. Login and kick off your college-to-career journey.