Spring Move-Out: Closing Information
The 2020-2021 License Agreement expires and University apartments will close on Saturday, May 22, 2021, at 2 p.m. Residents should:
- Move out and return your keys by 2 p.m. on Saturday, May 22, 2021.
- Plan to leave the apartmentwithin 24 hours of your last final unless you have been granted a stayover.
Please read the closing procedures below to ensure a smooth process at the end of spring term to avoid receiving extra charges.
Residence Halls Closing
Start Planning and Making Arrangements Now
Reduce your level of stress during finals week by having the right information, planning early, making the necessary arrangements and starting to take items home.
- Look up your finals. Look at your class syllabus or login to GET, go to your Student Center, select “Exam Schedule” from the dropdown box in the Academics section, select the Spring 2021 term and click “Continue”.
- Decide on your checkout date. Once you are done with finals, you can move out and start your summer vacation.
- Notify family and friends in advance that will help you move so they can ask for the time off work or make the necessary arrangements.
Please remember you are allowed to bring (2) guests to assist with move-out. All guests must wear a mask or face covering. Guests are permitted to be on campus during the time of move out, no overnight guests are allowed.
- Now is the time to make travel arrangements. If you are booking a flight, make sure to coordinate your flight or other travel arrangements to give you enough time to move out by the deadline.
You must properly check out, which means you have completely:
- removed all personal belongings
- removed all trash
- cleaned the entire apartment (bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, living room, etc.)
- closed all windows/doors
- returned your keys to Housing before 2 p.m. on Saturday, May 22, 2021
On May 22, the residential dining program will close for the summer. As Los Angeles County moves into the yellow tier, further enhancing community dining options, we have adjusted the meal plan policy for students living in the apartments beginning with the summer 2021 License Agreements.
You Are Expected To Leave Your Room/Apartment In Move-In Condition, Meaning It Should Be As Clean As When You Moved In.
Please be aware that if you do not clean your apartment or have unaddressed repairs, you may be charged. Here are the costs that may be applied to your account upon checkout:
Important Checkout Reminders for Everyone
- Attend the mandatory community meeting with Residence Life on Wednesday, May 5, 2021, at 6 p.m. An email with the Zoom information will be sent to residents.
- Pack your belongings prior to your intended checkout date and begin to take non-essential items home. /li>
- Clean your bedroom and shared spaces within the apartment.
- Remove all items from cabinets, drawers, closets, storage room, dishwasher, and refrigerator.
- Students will be charged if any items or trash are left in the apartment. Do not assume your housemates will want your unwanted items or that they will throw out trash left behind. Housing and Residence Life will not be able to determine whose trash or belongings are left in the apartment and all apartment residents may be charged.
- Change Your Mailing Address with Housing and Residence Life and on GET.
- Complete the online Mail Forwarding Request Form now. First-class mail will be forwarded for 4 weeks only to provide you with time to change your address directly with companies/institutions. Packages cannot be forwarded; they will be returned to sender.
- DO NOT submit a change of address with the U.S. Postal Service. (The post office considers 5300 Paseo Rancho Castilla a business address, not an individual or residential address.)
- Update your mailing address on Golden Eagle Territory (GET). The University uses the address listed on GET for any University mail, including refunds.
- Please make sure you have changed your address now with your banks, credit cards, cell phone service provider, subscriptions, Amazon accounts and employment payroll offices. Magazines and non-first class mail will not be forwarded.
Express Checkout Procedures
Remember, an on-time checkout includes a clean apartment. All personal items and trash should be removed, and all keys should be returned to the housing office before 2 p.m. on Saturday, May 22, 2021. Residents who remain in their apartments, or those who still have belongings behind after this checkout deadline will incur an improper checkout charge and additional charges.
- Follow all processes and procedures related to cleaning your apartment, removal of all trash and personal belongings.
- Once you have completely moved out of your apartment, locked the doors and windows, and are ready to depart, you may pick up an Express Checkout Packet from the table in front of the housing office.
- Fill out the key-return envelope and place the keys in the envelope and seal it shut. Return the envelope (with keys inside) to the housing office key dropbox.
Important: Once you return your keys at checkout, you will not be able to remain in the apartment or return to the apartment.
All residents must move out before 2 p.m. on Saturday, May 22, 2021, or additional charges may be accrued. (The only exceptions are those who have been approved for stayovers and residents with a confirmed May Intersession or Full Summer room assignment)
How to Request an Extension ("Stayover:)
Students who need to request an extension may request to stay until May 24, 2021 at 2 p.m. Requests to stayover must be submitted no later than 2 p.m. on Monday, May 17, 2021. All requests will be reviewed for consideration, but approvals are not guaranteed. If approved, a daily rate will be charged to your student account.
Please complete an official stayover request for consideration for a housing extension. Graduating seniors are permitted to stay on campus until after Commencement on May 29 at 2 p.m.
- If your approval includes a fee to stay, please make your payment via your GET account once charges have been posted.
- Residents are responsible for abiding by all terms and conditions of the license agreement as well as the regulations outlined in the Housing Student Guide.
What to Expect on Move-Out Day (Saturday, May 22)
- Traffic & Parking: “The Loop,” which is the housing one-way driveway leading directly into the housing unit areas, is currently closed and will remain closed on Saturday, May 22. Loading vehicles must be done from Paseo Rancho Castilla near building 4. Please inform family and friends to anticipate the distance from your building to the car.
- Moving Bins: We will have a limited number of moving bins on Saturday, May 22. We recommend that you bring a personal dolly to assist you with your belongings from your building to your car. Bin usage will be limited to 60 minutes per use and require an ID to sign it out. It is important that you have all of your belongings packed and ready to go before you request a bin. Bins will be available in Phase II from 9 a.m. to 1:40 p.m.
Transfer Day (Monday, May 24)
- All residents contracted for Summer 1 or Summer 1 & 2 sessions will need to relocate to their summer apartments on Monday, May 24, beginning at 9 a.m.
- You will receive check in instructions via email to pick up your apartment keys from the housing office.
- You will have until Wednesday, May 26 to relocate to your summer apartment and return your spring 2021 apartment keys via express checkout.
When is the last day of the meal plan?
The Dining Commons will close for the summer and will not reopen until fall semester. The last meal to be served will be brunch on Saturday, May 22, 2021.
How are damage/cleaning charges determined?
Housing staff will inspect your room/apartment after move out. A comparison of the condition of the apartment at move out against the notations made on the Apartment Condition Report (ACR) at move in are used to determine damages. Any damage, trash removal, and/or cleaning charges will be assessed back to the residents. If the damage/cleaning charge is for items in common area, the charge will be split among all apartment residents. Please speak with your RA about any damage that you caused and need to be billed for, otherwise the charge will be split among all residents.
How do I pay for cleaning/damage charges?
All cleaning/damage charges will be posted to your GET account by June and must be paid promptly. Your $100 security deposit will be applied to any cleaning/damage charges, and you are responsible to pay any difference by the deadline on your GET. Please remember that any past due charges will result in a university hold on your records.
How do I get the security deposit refunded?
If you have not been charged for cleaning/damages and do not have an outstanding balance, you $100 security deposit will be mailed to the address you have listed on GET approximately 4 weeks from the move out date. If you signed up for direct deposit, your refund will be by direct deposit instead of a check in the mail.
What if a package/letter is delivered after I move out?
If a carrier delivers a package after you have moved out, we will give it to the carrier and ask them to return to sender. Once a student moves out, we would not be able to release it to other individuals, including yourself since you are no longer a resident.
If you submitted online a Mail Forwarding Request Form, we will forward any first-class letters only to the address you provided for the 4 weeks after move out.
Can I stay over during the break between spring and summer?
Residents’ current 2020–2021 License Agreements expires on Saturday, May 22, 2021, at 2 p.m. All residents will be required to remove their belongings and check out by 2 p.m. on Saturday, May 22, 2021. The housing rental fees do not include the break between the spring and summer, therefore students will be required to head home or arrange other accommodations for the break and return at the start of their Summer License Agreement.
How can I get an item I left in the apartment?
Once you have moved out, you will no longer have access to the apartment. After 2 p.m. on May 22, any items left behind in your assigned space will be discarded as outlined in the 2020-2021 Housing License Agreement Terms and Conditions.