This page's resources are designed to assist individuals who use assistive technology and video conferencing software concurrently. Cal State LA supports two options for distance learning; Zoom and Microsoft Teams. Your professor may use either of these platforms to hold remote classes.
Essential Zoom Keyboard Shortcuts
The following shortcuts are universal to the Zoom Desktop Client and should work when using various assistive technologies.
- F6 = Navigate among Zoom windows.
- CTRL+ALT+SHIFT = Move focus to the meeting controls in Zoom.
- ALT+A = Mute/unmute microphone. You may leave your microphone muted and press and hold the spacebar to unmute your microphone temporarily.
- ALT+S = Start or stop screen share Note: Will only work when the meeting control toolbar is in focus.
- ALT+T = Pause or resume screen share Note: Will only work when the meeting control toolbar is in focus
- ALT+R = Start local recording. The host can disable the functionality to record the meeting.
- ALT+C = Start cloud recording. Records the meeting to the cloud. The host can disable the functionality to record the meeting.
- ALT+P = Pause or resume recording. The host can disable the functionality to record the meeting.
- ALT+F = Enter or exit full screen.
- ALT+H = Display/hide Chat panel. The chat panel allows you to send a written message to all participants or individuals.
- ALT+U = Display/hide Participants panel. The participants' panel is a simple list of everyone who is in the meeting.
- ALT+Y = Raise/lower your hand icon next to your name in the participant window. This alerts the meeting host that you would like to ask a question. Note that the host must pay attention to the participants' list for this feature to be useful.