We currently offer two traditional graduate programs and a program in Environmental Science:
The MS in Geological Sciences is focused on hydrogeology and environmental science. Students receive both the theoretical and applied aspects of hydrogeology during their education. Alumni are employed with many consulting and government agencies in southern California and throughout the nation. Graduates may also choose to earn Ph.D.'s at leading universities.
Advisor: Dr. M. Hassan Rezaie Boroon ([email protected])
Advisor: Dr. Kristine Bezdecny ([email protected])
The MS in Environmental Sciences (click for more information) prepares students for environmental science research, doctoral study, community college teaching, and technical positions in universities, industry, or governmental agencies.
How To Apply:
- Contact the appropriate Graduate Program Advisor (see above).
- Complete the Cal State Apply Application and submit required documents to the Admissions Office. Follow university admission checklist.
Fall 2021 Applicants:
MS in Environmental Science, MS in Geological Sciences, or MA in Geography
· Cal State Apply Filing Period opens October 1, 2020 through March 21, 2021.
· NOTE: There is NO separate department application. The department application is integrated in Cal State Apply Q4. Applicants only need to complete the application on Cal State Apply.
After applying, if you have any questions, contact the appropriate program advisor only and not the Geosciences & Environment Office.
Geology: Dr. M. Hassan Rezaie Boroon ([email protected])
- Geography: Dr. Kristine Bezdecny ([email protected])
- ENVS General Questions and Hydrology Option: Dr. Jingjing Li ([email protected])
- ENVS Biology Option: Dr. Patrick Krug ([email protected])
- ENVS Engineering Option: Dr. Arezoo Khodayari (a[email protected])
- ENVS Geospatial Sciences Option: Dr. Jingjing Li ([email protected])