The College of Natural and Social Sciences Academic Advisement Center provides students with the tools needed for academic success while a student at Cal State LA. Schedule an appointment today with one of our academic advisors for guidance on creating academic plans, selecting courses to fulfill general education and major requirements for graduation.
In partnership with students and the wider Cal State LA community, the NSS Academic Advisement Center fosters a supportive and validating learning environment where advisors teach and empower students to develop, understand, and achieve their educational goals.
GET STARTED WITH ADVISING
Need help with degree planning and progression, graduation check, exploring or declaring a major, or other academic concerns? The NSS Advisement Center team is here to help.
WHAT WE DO
Our professional advising team helps students from orientation to graduation:
- Understand general education and major requirements to graduate with a major in the College of Natural and Social Sciences
- Create academic plans and select courses in fulfilling graduation requirements
- Identify and integrate co-curricular and extra-curricular activities into an academic plan to help students achieve their academic and professional goals
- Use the Campus Academic Requirements Report (CARR), departmental checklists/roadmaps, and other tools to monitor their academic progress
- Apply University policies, procedures, forms, and processes necessary for graduation
- With referrals to University resources and offices
The Center provides drop-in advising Monday through Friday. Drop-ins are 15 minutes and are virtual ONLY. The hours for the virtual drop-in advising are from 10:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m and 1:30 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. Please access the morning and afternoon drop-in sessions through the links below.
Please note: students must make an appointment for SAP, Reinstatements, and Readmissions.