Thesis & Comp FAQ

What are the thesis/comp procedures for my degree?

Thesis Prospectus Guidelines & Form

Geology, M.S.

Geography, M.A.

Comprehensive Exam Report/Signature Form: Geography Only

Environmental Science Professional Track Prospectus & Form 

Email ENVS advisor with additional questions.


How do I apply for graduation?

  1. Follow the Steps to Graduation checklist on the Graduate Studies website.
  2.  A Graduation Application is filed once for a degree program. The student pays a $20 application and $10 diploma fee ($30 total) at the time of filing. Once the Graduation Application is filed it may be updated (e.g. change term, major, option, etc.) by using the Request to Change Graduation Term form and paying a $25 late filing fee.
  3. Review your Academic Requirements report in the GET Student Center to ensure you have met the following requirements:  Completed or registered to take the WPE (UNIV 4000). On track to complete all graduation requirements by end of declared term.
  4. Complete the Graduation Application
  5. Using you Academic Requirements report, list all incomplete graduation requirements on the optional Degree Completion Worksheet attached to the Graduation Application. This must include all courses you still need to complete as well as any course substitutions or other exceptions that need department approval.  
  6. Take the completed and signed Graduation Application and Degree Completion Worksheet to the Cashier's Office (ADM 128) and pay the Application ($20) and the Diploma ($10) fees. The Cashier's Office will forward the form to the Graduation Office for processing.