Congratulations on your admission to Cal State LA! Please complete the following steps to secure your place in your graduate program.
1. Accept admission offer.
Please make sure that you have been admitted to your graduate program and the University.
2. Check your registration status and make sure there are no existing registration holds.
3. Register for classes and pay fees.
4. Register and attend orientations and other welcome events.
Orientation programs are offered or may be offered by the following offices:
- Office of Graduate Studies and Graduate Resource Center
- International Office
- Academic departments
New graduate students are encouraged to attend all orientation programs to which they are invited.
5. Submit pending transcripts.
Steps to Graduation
1. Submit all paperwork in accordance with deadlines.
2. Submit an Advancement to Candidacy form.
The Advancement to Candidacy form is a permanent record of your completed and planned course work as well as other requirements necessary for you to complete your degree.
3. Submit a culminating project proposal.
Graduate students must complete a culminating experience which may include thesis, special project and/or comprehensive examination prior to graduation.