A PLANNING Guide for Computer Science Majors
- Every student must have an ongoing plan to complete the remaining requirements for a B.S in Computer Science.
- The requirements are slightly different in the existing QUARTER system when compared to the looming SEMESTER system .
- Checkout the semester system Flowchart , Roadmap , and Undergraduate_Student_Handbook as you plan out the requirements.
- As a student, one has to determine whether to stay in the QUARTER system requirements or switch to the new SEMESTER system requirements to complete the remaining requirements for the B.S in Computer Science.
- The requirements (Quarter or Semester) have predefined courses and there is a mapping between the courses between the two systems. Note the following;
- A student can stay with the Quarter system requirements and graduate after the conversion (post Fall 2016) by taking any remaining course requirements that are offered in Semester system.
- A student can also switch over to the Semester requirements and all the Quarter courses completed will be transferred as Semester courses.
- It is possible to have different catalog requirements for University requirements (GE) and major requirements. i.e., a student can stay with the current quarter University/GE requirements and still change over to the new Semester requirements.
- Students will be sent out an email to attend a workshop/clinic conducted by faculty, staff, and peer advisors. From a student standpoint, it should be as easy as 1-2-3.