Golden Eagle Orientation
Start your future at Cal State LA today.
I. Sign Up for Orientation
Remote Orientation is mandatory for all new incoming undergraduate students, including first-time freshmen, and returning, transfer and international students.
Second Priority Sign-Up Date: Sunday, June 20, 2021.
STEP 1: Activate MyCalStateLA account
STEP 2: Sign up for Remote Orientation
- Use your MyCalStateLA username and password to log in to the Orientation Reservation System.
- Select a date for your Remote Orientation session.
- Pay the orientation fee ($70 full or $35 partial payment) to complete your reservation.
STEP 3: Sign up for Advising and Class Registration
- About a week before Remote Orientation, your college advising center should email you instructions on how to sign up.
- Attend your advising and registration session following your Remote Orientation.
- For questions, contact [email protected].
We will giveaway prizes to randomly-selected students who sign up and complete Remote Orienation.
To participate, you must:
1. Be a new undergraduate freshmen or transfer student planning to attend Cal State LA for fall 2021.
2. Sign up for Golden Eagle Remote Orientation by 5 p.m. on 5/28 for level one prizes or 5 p.m. on 6/20 for level two.
3. Complete Golden Eagle Remote Orientation.
We will select winners at random, based on reservation dates and attendance.
Excited about your Cal State LA journey? Use #CalStateLAClassof2025 (freshmen) or #CalStateLAClassof2023 (transfers) when posting about your Cal State LA (or Orientation) experience to connect with your classmates. Tag us too @calstatelansfe.
Certain departments host Information Sessions, in addition to Golden Eagle Orientation, to share important news specific to different student populations. Please see below for possible information sessions that may pertain to you.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: International Students are required to attend a separate information session, hosted by the International Office, concerning your transition to the United States and Cal State LA. For more information, please visit International Programs.
VETERANS: The Veterans Resource Center offers an information session exclusively for military-connected Cal State LA students, including veterans and the dependents of veterans. To learn more, please contact the Veterans Resource Center.
STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES: The Office for Students with Disabilities offers multiple information sessions during the summer to help you better understand the transition to Cal State LA from your previous institution. Please visit the OSD website for more information.
GRADUATE STUDENTS: The Office of Graduate Studies also offers orientation programs for incoming graduate students. For more information, visit New Graduate Student Orientation.
Join the Cal State LA Community
In addition to the mandatory Orientation events, we also have optional events to help you get to know your new classmates and start to build connections across majors and backgrounds!
Summer Launch/Autumn Blast
Play games, win prizes, and meet both new incoming as well as current students! You will also learn more about clubs and organizations you may be interested in joining once the semester starts.
Golden Eagle Orientation Discord
Chat online, ask questions, and meet other students who share similar interests. Find your group this summer and get an even better start to your college journey! You will receive more information about joining the Discord after you have completed your Remote Orientation reservation.