Start your future at Cal State LA today.
I. Sign Up for Orientation
Golden Eagle Orientation is strongly encouraged for all new incoming undergraduate students, including first-time freshmen, returning, transfer, and international students. Those who attend in-person Orientation typically gain access to register for classes before those who do not attend.
Attending Orientation allows you to see the campus, meet with academic advisors to support your course registration, visit offices to take care of on-campus business, and speak firsthand with current students who can help you understand what to expect once the semester begins. Participating in Orientation is the best way to set yourself up for success!
You will have access to the Orientation Reservation system beginning on November 1, 2023, for students admitted for the Spring 2024 term. A limited number of Remote Orientation sessions are also available. All Orientation reservations are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Priority Sign-Up Date: Friday, December 15, 2023
- Use your MyCalStateLA username and password to log in to the Orientation Reservation System.
- Select a date for your Orientation session.
- Pay the orientation fee to complete your reservation.
- ALL students participating in Orientation must pay the Orientation Fee. There are payment options available to assist you if needed.
Pay your $5 Student ID payment and submit your photo online.
- You may pay your One Card along with your Orientation Fee when you sign up for your Orientation date.
- Please follow the instructions for submitting your photo online.
- You will need to successfully submit your photo and fee online at least one week prior to your scheduled Orientation date to make sure it's ready to be picked up.
Special Info Sessions
Certain departments host Information Sessions, in addition to Golden Eagle Orientation, to share important news specific to different student populations. Please see below for possible information sessions that may pertain to you.
International Students are required to attend a separate information session, hosted by the International Office, concerning your transition to the United States and Cal State LA. For more information, please visit International Programs.
The Veterans Resource Center offers an information session exclusively for military-connected Cal State LA students, including veterans and the dependents of veterans. To learn more, please contact the Veterans Resource Center.
The Office for Students with Disabilities offers multiple information sessions during the summer to help you better understand the transition to Cal State LA from your previous institution. Please visit the OSD website for more information.