The Master of Public Administration (MPA) Program at California State University, Los Angeles, prepares students for leadership by educating them for professional public and community service within a diverse and dynamic urban environment. In the program, students develop the following leadership capabilities, which are the program's student learning outcomes:
- Knowledge about public administration theory, research and practice
- Analytical and critical thinking skills to inform public and community problem-solving and decision-making processes
- An understanding of the ethical basis for public service
- Effective intra-organizational, inter-organizational and public oral and written communication skills
- A respect for and ability to engage the diversity of perspectives and interests involved in local governance
Please access the MPA curriculum grid at this link to see how the MPA courses align with the program's student learning outcomes and the universal competencies required by NASPAA, the external agency that accredits graduate public administration programs.