Deadlines For Registration
How to prepare for registration
To prepare for registration, please do the following:
- Check your registration appointment on GET (time and date you register) in advance. Registration appointments are based on the number of units you have completed. Your registration appointment or permit to register is not an advisement appointment—it is the time you will log on to GET to register for your classes online.
- Fee payments for registration. Tuition and fees must be paid at least three days before your registration appointment. Payment can be made by Cash or Check at the Cashiers' Office, Adm. 128, Monday – Thursday, 8am-6pm or Friday 8am-5pm or online at https://commerce.cashnet.com/csulapay.
- Check registration holds on your GET account. If you do have holds, please contact the appropriate office and have them removed prior to your registration appointment.
- Review your CAAR report to make sure it looks correct. If anything appears to be missing, send official scores or transcripts to the Cal State LA Admissions Office.
- Prepare to register in a full course load. To review your major requirements, review the e-catalog at http://ecatalog.calstatela.edu/. Plan to take 15 units per semester to stay on track for graduation.
New students, review the following orientation presentations in preparation for registration...
- Freshmen Presentation
- Transfers Presentation
- Class Schedule Planner
- Connect to your Cal State LA email
- Why It Is Important to Graduate in Four Years
- Registration Error Message
Freshmen and new transfers must attend a second Orientation prior to Spring enrollment. The details will be covered in Orientation 2.0.