Instructions for Scheduling an online appointment
30-Minute appointments – Online via Zoom
15-Minute appointments – Cancelled, only 30 Minute appointments.
For questions regarding this change of format please email [email protected].
The Student Services Center offers 15-Minute and 30-Minute appointments. Phone appointments are now available, click here for phone appointment guidelines!
15-Minute Appointment Topics (Cancelled temporarily):
Monday - Thursday | 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
15-Minute Same-Day Appointments are an ideal way to have quick and simple questions answered. To schedule a 15-Minute Same-Day appointment, please call (323) 343-2810. Available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Quick scheduling questions
- Petitions, Permits, Substitutions, and Change of Major Forms
- General questions regarding Major and University requirements
30-Minute Appointment Topics:
Monday - Friday | 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
30-Minute Advance Appointments allow for more detailed conversations about your academic careers. 30-Minute appointments can be scheduled by clicking the above appointment link or the help button to learn how to schedule an appointment.
- Academic Probation
- Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeals
- Long-term Academic Planning
Preparing for Your Advisement Session:
1. Please be prepared with the questions you want to ask your advisor.
2. If you have questions about university policies and regulations, please check the university catalog. If you need further guidance, feel free to make an appointment with an advisor.
3. If you wish to discuss your academic plan please review your Unofficial Transcripts, as well as your CAAR (advisement) report in your GET account before your advisement appointment.
5. Plan ahead in order to make the time with your Advisor more productive.
Expectations of Students:
It is important for you to take an active role in advisement. You are responsible for making and following through on your own decisions.
1. See an Advisor on a regular basis and show up on time to the appointment.
2. Check your CSULA email regularly. This is the official means of communication used by the University.
3. Arrive in advisement sessions with a list of questions and issues to discuss with your Advisor.
4. Know the requirements for staying in good standing.
To schedule an appointment with Department Chairs, Schedule Appointment or contact CBE Staff Support Center at (323) 343-5256.